1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Problems ?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wozfast, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Has anyone on this forum who owns a DVT not had one single problem of any kind, however minor ?

Thanks in advance.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Is this a trick question?? :anguished:

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. 5000kms and it's not missed a beat, always starts and no problems at all.....i parked it in the garage in November and it started on the button yesterday without any form of charging...i'm more than happy with it..

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's what I wanted to hear as I'm just about to get one

• Like Like x 3
  5. Has any progress been made on the TFT screens or are they still scratching ?

6. Me too that's why I've asked the question, hoping to hear a few more positives to be honest.

7. I don't think you're going to get too many owners who have had no problems as there were a couple of minor faults on most DVT bikes at least for the first three or four months:
    • Trip reset on ignition off - fixed by software update
    • Fuel sender false reading or complete failure - replaced with updated design under warranty
    • Side stand recall - replaced under warranty if applicable
    Apart from these minor faults I've not had any problems since I got the bike in mid-July and have done over 5,000 miles before I tucked it up for the winter no there's salt on the road.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Picked up mine 21st August 2015, 2000 miles in and not one problem other than the standard odometer resetting, but a quick update at first service saw the back of that!

Fantastic bike, wouldn't buy any other in its class!

They may be down on power compared to Ducatis claims, but more than enough for me!

Enjoy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Had mine since July not had a single problem , 3500 miles in just gets better n better perhaps quite not as urgent as my previous pikes peak but makes power nicer and suits me downto the ground

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well Wozfast have you made up your mind yet?

11. :speaknoevil::pileofpoop:

#11 Hyperextended, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  12. Only problem I have is having to wait until March to pick mine up :).
    Don't want to wish my life away but time seems to be going so slow at the moment....very excited

• Like Like x 2
  13. I rate myself as one of the most OCD bikers out there (and that's saying something with Ducati owners:Shamefullyembarrased:)
    I'm new to Ducati (2103-) so I've not experienced the older stuff. Here's my experience of ALL issues with the three I've owned:

2013 Diavel Carbon Red: Had from new
    4.5K miles covered
    Faults: leaking rear pre-load adjuster (warranty)
    Sold it because riding position hurt my spine (got 4 compression fractures/collapsed disc). btw I fitted a full Termi, best sounding bike I've ever owned!

2012 Panigale S Tricolore: Second-hand
    3.5K miles covered, 5K total
    Faults: None
    Still own, in living room over Winter, work of art!

2015 Mutley S: Fron new (2nd batch-2016 model)
    4.5K miles covered
    Faults: None
    Still own, did fit full Termi to remove that torque dip. Only ridden the Panigale once since owning the Mutley.

It's just makes me smile :)

#13 Nickshoot, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Nice to hear some positive comments here as I am about to pick up a 2013 Multi next week. Some times I come on to the forum and its problem after problem and I start to think, what the hell have I gotten myself into!! Plus I have to ride it home from London to N.Ireland. Please don't let me down.....

15. Think positively, if you make it back you'll know you've got a good one :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Thanks "broke" (I hope not aptly named)
    I like it more positivity it can only get better. Infamy infamy it's got it in for me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Another positive comment-17,000 miles on 2010 MODEL and NO ISSUES.Like to get the DVT bike but like mine too much!

18. Only reason I haven't went for the DVT (YET)is that my 17000 miles 2010 mark 1 is so good.No issues either .

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 2012 S Sport @ just over 15000 miles
    Pretty good here too
    Blown fork seal in warranty (not uncommon with Ohlins and the same happened on my previous Aprilia RSV)
    Two fuel senders both replaced outside warranty FOC and with no quibbles
    Broken gear change return spring at 14500 miles – but it only cost me a fiver to fix because I can do stuff myself. Can happen on any bike.

Seized exhaust valve – never, not once ever
    Corroded engine cases – nope
    Corroded fasteners – zilch
    Heated grips – still work
    Back brake – bleed it annually
    Still polishes up like new

I recently rode the Multistrada Enduro for a couple of days and had an afternoon on the Beemer S1000XR. If nothing else it's reminded me why I bought the Mutley in the first place and stlll love it!

• Like Like x 1
  20. This is all to much, Happy Multi Owners. As much as am really looking forward to joining the club, I've been stressed out by all the negative comments. But this is most encouraging, so if I remember I will put posts up at various points on my trip home next Tuesday. (Must make sure I've got that extra breakdown cover) of course I won't need it!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information