1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Problems ?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wozfast, Feb 7, 2016.

1. 2012S Touring, 19k miles and still going strong
    Rattling Ohlins forks - sorted eventually
    Fuel level sensor - on my third (version D) and okay up to now
    Radiator replaced because of bubbling paint
    Spent over £2k on sensible mods (decat, CJS tune, Ohlins SCU etc.)
    Best bike I've ever owned bar none. Love it, love, love it!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. In France at the moment and seat has just come apart from the cover, looks like the cover is held in with Rexel No.56 staples for Gods sake and just pulled out, premium price and Jack sh*t quality control. Love the bike but you would think they would get some sort of quality control!! Sorry it's late in the morning in France, to much vino and still smarting Grrrr

3. You'll love it, I have a DVT 2016, only covered 1000 miles as I work abroad, but I had a Diavel with basically the same engine and covered 7000 miles on it, also not a single issue. Also from NIreland, by the way....

4. I'm also from good ole N Iron, have a 2016 DVT and love it, you won't regret the purchase. Traded in my 2012 Diavel, also a cracking bike, enjoy.....

5. Over 8500 miles on my dVT. One pannier lock came loose from bag (plastic nut on back of lock fell off), idle wildly erratic at high elevation and flaky elsewhere when above 175 degrees. It can tour and do curves and has a $hit load of passing power!

6. Mine bought in July 2916 just passed 7,500km.
    No major issue except occasionally the engine will shut off during low rpm coasting(clutch in)

7. Interesting.....I would have thought that the engine shutting off was a major issue. My DVT, bought in May this year, have done 3,600 miles and it is currently in Moto Rapido, with no dash display and lack of power. MP are having to upload the error messages to Ducati to try and fix the problem.

8. So far it only happen at low speed.
    wI'll push dealer to replace engine kill switch

9. Mine has died twice from a cold start since new map. And idle is erratic when warm. May not be related.

10. Mine died once from cold start. That was early before 1000km.

11. Bought my 1200S in October 2016, now at 3000 miles & using it in all weather. Not a single problem in sport or touring modes. Urban mode surges a bit. My first Ducati & I love it. Got a 6 day tour of Scotland planned for May. Can't wait.

12. Hahaha, I'm coming Home from working in Saudi and looking forward to the summer on my 2016 DVT. I've only done 1000 miles since buying it new last Feb so can't wait. I've owned the following dukes,
    2004 Multi
    2009 GT 1000
    2012 Diavel Strada
    2011 Hypermotard

Not had anything, and I mean anything, go wrong with any of the above, so don't be put off, just enjoy the ride and the k
    Looks you get when you park up or overtake cars, oh yes

• Like Like x 1
  13. 2015 1200s 9000 miles in and only the usual problems to report.
    Just fitted a full Arrow system with K&N and its taken the bike to a whole new level.

14. 2014 1200S GT so Twin Spark- just over 9000 miles. Like a few on here had the standard issues, sticky exhaust valve, back brake needs bleeding, had fuel sensor replaced and also the kill switch - all on warranty.
    The issues above shouldn't happen but all forgotten when riding.

15. Coming up 2 years old in September. No problems at all. (apart from the seat, mentioned elsewhere)

Only done 1800 dry miles, mind, so may not be a fair representation. :weary:

16. I have a 2016 1200S DVT, just coming up to it's 9,000 service.
    The only problem I have had was when the electronics threw a wobbly.
    Symtoms were, neutral light can on irespective of what gear I was in, orange engine light on, and DWC flasing, the bike rode fine?
    I also couldn't change the engine map or activate the cruise control.
    Got the bike booked in for the dealer to look at it, however before I got there the fault corrected itself and hasn't reappeared.
    Brilliant bike would buy another tomorrow (in black this time though).

Desperado

17. I never owned a Ducati before I purchased my DVT in April 16. I had a rush of blood to the head after visiting the Ducati factory in Bologna. The sales guy told me I could afford the repayments! (he got me at a weak moment). I was nevous about paying sooo much for a motorcycle never mind an Italian Motorcyle. Would the electrics work, would it be reliable, what about depreciation? I took a punt in the hope that Audi's ownership of Ducati would see to it that I had nothing to fear. My friends aren't convinced. Ducati's don't do high mileages I am told. Was I mad buying a sport tourning bike that doesn't do high miles. What's the point in that? I am very interested in hearing reports from riders who ride their bikes. To date I have 8,000 KM on my bike. The only issues I have had are two engine management lights came on. First one dealer fixed. Second one is still on the dash. In either case perfomance issues. I will do another 8,000 KM this year and then my warranty will be coming to an end. The bike is fantasic and better now than when I bought it. I just hope the miles keep rolling problem free. I would love to think I can keep this bike for 5 trouble free years and be able to tell my friends I rode the best bike in the world for 5 trouble free years clocking up 40,000KM's over that time. If that happens I will buy another one:smile: Oh and can Ducati please arrange for sunny summer this year please...

• Like Like x 3
  18. Had loads of problems, but all minor. Engine management light seems to be a random function; has used oil suddenly, then none at all; oil level light comes on more or less at random; heat guard on exhaust fell off (not to be retrieved, as I never noticed as it happened); never managed to get the front wheel to run perfectly true (although this doesn't seem to affect anything - just annoying at ultra-low speeds); back brake has never offered any noticable retardation under any circumstances; exhaust valve seized before first annual service, grips heater sometimes won't turn off; currently the odo & speedo has unilaterally reset itself to Kms, got fogging in the oil and the neutral selector has failed so sidestand cuts it out. Luggage catches are tricky and the fit of the panniers is a bit debatable (although this may not be the fault of Ducati, as I think it may have been ever so slightly dinged on a ferry). Occasionally will not select modes on the toggle. Can't blame the bike for the three punctures either. Not found the service very good. Terrible around town. My garage says he sees three - two are like mine and the other seems to be fine.

Other than that, it has been fine, is comfortable and handles well.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information