1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project 1408

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Robarano, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Project1408 :)

Has anybody else had this "Personal Invitation" to view the website of this "Extrordinary Project" drop through their letterbox today? :Wideyed:

This is the 1st I've heard of it until I opened the envelope.

Ducati - Project 1408

IMG_4823.JPG

#1 Robarano, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Something else I'm not invited to particpate in or could afford if I was. Life is so cruel :Arghh:. Andy

3. Had the same arrive today,way out of my league i afraid,will log on tomorrow and take a look.

4. I've got one....not available until 17th October.

I had a Superleggera invitation too...that was out of my league, so I'm guessing this will be too.

5. What's a kidney worth on today's market?

6. Depends. @chizel is probably worth plenty if you can distill it :)

7. Mine can't deal with all the uric acid my liver produces without medical intervention so not much. Andy

8. Just had a look,carbon swingarm,wheels,frame more to be revealed soon?

9. I shouldn't think so. :)

10. Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 11.08.31.png

There seems to be quite a bit of the 6th element used in the production of this motorcycle. :)

11. Not just me being a twat,Ducati not unlocking more details until ????

12. Yep, only the frame, wheels and swingarm are "clickable" atm. No details on the engine (although any betting it may be 1408cc :))

13. I wonder if the factory invite includes travel expenses,for 66k i would want a private jet full of hookers.Would love a cf swingarm for the Pani.

• Like Like x 3
  14. No mention of a free private jet full of hookers. But it must be a given @ £66k, surely why they never mentioned it. :Hungry:

#16 Robarano, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Daft money! £66k! No matter how much moon dust it made from I can't see how it's worth the same as 2 brand new Panigale R's and a Scrambler! Did I mention I thought it was daft!?:Woot:

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. £66K would be a bargain. I feel that the new SL mark 2 will be a little more??

17. So are 99.9% of Ducati owners riding around on the poor man's Ducati :Bucktooth:

18. We'll find out when the price of the SL mark 2 is announced. Even the Mark 1 could be a bargain basement bike. :tonguewink:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information