1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Almost Done

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by ginge46, Mar 13, 2017.

1. hi guys

Halfway through my project to make the lightest and best 899 possible
    What do you think?

Any suggestions on more improvements?

IMG_8635.JPG IMG_8634.JPG IMG_8636.JPG IMG_8637.JPG IMG_8443.JPG IMG_8442.JPG

So the list of mods

Nero superleggra paint job
    BST wheels with ceramic bearings
    Brembo 330 hpk discs and matching pads
    Brembo m4 calipers
    Brembo rcs master cylinder
    Supercorsa tyres
    Ktec forks
    Ktec rear shock
    Austin racing full inconel system
    Pcv5
    Pc auto tune
    Bsd blip box
    Throttle mod kit
    Sprint filter
    Dp levers
    Dp rearsets
    Dp bar ends
    Dp comfort seat
    Dp screen
    Lithium battery
    1199 front subframe
    Alloy magnesium rear subframe
    Fullsix mirrors, side stand, huggers, electronic boxs, shock cover, air intake, rear seat vents, radiator mount etc
    Evotech tail tidy
    1199 indicators
    1199 valve covers
    Stm slipper clutch
    Light weight flywheel
    Light weigh generator
    Samco hose kit
    Pro bolt titanium everything they do

Sure I've forgotten a lot of stuff

Be interested to hear your feed back on the paint job

Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fair bit of money gone in to that

Nice

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thread moved

4. Looking good mate,lots of subtle mods and great spec,crying out for a mag clutch cover,Fullsix carbon oversize tank looks stunning as does there rear subframe,ceramic coat the exhaust.screen looks to black but thats being picky.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks mate, yeah mag cover and carbon tank are next on the list, get what your saying about the screen and I agree know it's back together

The subframe and exhaust aren't coated there carbon fibre but the pics don't show it very well, in the flesh they look much better

6. Yea Carbon never shows up well in photos,especially carbon rims,this 959 JHP built is one of the best i have seen,note the oversize tank the shape looks great in real life and lets not forget the pierbon swingarm.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah that looks sweet, I like the tank

8. second that for carbon tank

9. Lovely project :upyeah:. Why did you choose to go to 330mm discs from the standard 320mm ? I'm currently having the conversation with MR to go from 330 to 320 on my 1098R. Although a small difference, you've got lower rotating mass and less gyroscopic affect on steering and I've got dibs on a pair of 6mm 320 race discs :Bag:. Andy

10. I wanted 1199 stopping power, if I'm honest I was feed up with being out braked by my mate on his 1199 on road and track.
    It's not quite as good but it's a lot better then it was and with the bst wheels I didn't think the extra weight would be noticeable really

• Like Like x 1
  11. I use Brembo SC compound in my M4s and with the billet master cylinder there is no lack of stopping power. Use the same compound on the 853 with the 748R 4 pad caliper and the billet master cylinder. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm sure I'm running sc pads but if not I'll give them ago thanks for the info

13. I think the oversized tank looks horid, Not unless your doing endurance racing why would you bother.

14. Not the favourite for some but I really like their overall performance and much more feel and progressive that the full RCs which I found took too long to heat up and don't keep the heat. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information