1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XDiavel Puig Screen Fitting

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Hawktech, Oct 8, 2016.

1. The touring screen I reserved when ordering my Diavel X in July has finally arrived! I Took it home and all loooked pretty simple to install but on trying it I discovered that the four fixing bolts provided with the kit were far shorter than the original handlebar ones? The bolts only just reached the thread holes in the headstock turning a couple of times before biting. With only a couple of threads holding it all together at this point there is no way that it would securely hold the bars and screen as the bolts were in danger of stripping the threads in the headstock?
    Has anyone else tried to fit one of these to the new Diavel and come across the same problem as there is no way that you can possibly get it wrong so the supplied bolts must be too short or the extension studs provided to lift the screen above the bars etc to long?

2. Have you tried contacting the supplier?

3. Not yet as I only discovered this too late in the day yesterday but as it is over a 70 mile round trip I will take some pictures and send them to the parts department.
    I also wanted to see if anyone else had experienced the same to ensure I was not goin mad!

4. I fitted mine 2 weeks back on my XDiavel S, and the bolts are too short! On mine, there are plugs that fit in the holes where the original bolts would go. I took my grinder and took about 5mm off each plug, then put the bolts through and they were then OK. I can send you some pics if you want.

5. Thanks for this and I did think of cutting down the extension prices they provide to lift the bracket above the display etc but worried about voiding any warranty if I did so. M&S copied my email c/w photographs to Puig who are looking into this for me and M&S also told me that another customer had complained about the short bolts! Worries me that they continued to sell screens that if fitted could cause serious injury should the screen spring loose if fitted with the supplied bolts knowing that someone had already informed them of the issue!
    Puig seem to be dealing with this as if I am an isolated case saying that the original bolts are 20mm and theirs are 40mm. I calculated that they need to be around 10mm longer than this and that only an idiot would supply bolts that only screw into the headstock 5mm and expect it to hold the weight and stress that can be experienced when using the bike!
    On asking them how many cases they had received complaints about to date from around the world they seem to have gone very quiete?

6. Thanks to M&S Motorcycles screen fitted today and what a difference as my helmet did not try to rip my helmet off for once! Even with a strong crosswind today my trip home up the A1 proved to be more enjoyable with an element of comfort

7. Hi there... Do you have any photos of the fitted screen? Interested to put one on my xdiavel too.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information