1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Puig Screen

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bob., Jan 13, 2017.

1. I recently bought a short Puig Screen from M&P (Airflow double bubble) for my '14 1200S. The screen fits the mounting holes just fine but find that when the screen is lowered it hits the top fairing on each side. It only just hits but enough that it would mark the plastic if I leave it on. Has anyone else had this issue? I searched but it doesn't seem a common problem.

2. Got the same screen, short puig screen, hits the fairing only on the left.

Think puig has some quality issues..

3. That's disappointing but thanks. I was hoping i had fitted it wrong somehow. I guess I'll return it then.

4. Yeah I was thinking the same, but it's the only screen that really works without noise and turbulence.

Also you can keep it adjusted at hight setting one, then it won't hit the fairing.

5. Could be nice to have some pictures please :)

6. I tried taking some pictures for the original post but it's not easy to show it hitting due to the black inner fairing and shadows. Where the screen wraps around to the sides it should be shaped to sit flush with the top of fairing. But the screen doesn't follow the contour correctly and it hits the black inner fairing slightly in the lowest setting. If i offer it up to the oem screen the bottom contour is different.

It's probably possible to reshape the new screen bottom edge and repolish but if I make a mess of it I've wasted my money. I also don't want to have to leave the screen up one setting. On a bike i paid so much for it doesn't seem right to use poor fitting aftermarket bits. So I'd rather return it and either look for something else or stick with the original screen.

• Like Like x 1
  7. After putting up with the brain numbing noise for 4 months I have just removed the standard Ducati screen and fitted the Puig racing screen to my 2012 MTS 1200, I wasn't sure about the looks at first but after a short run through Derbyshire A roads I have to say that it has transformed the bike. The buffeting and wind noise that the standard screen produced has been virtually eliminated at road legal speeds, anything above 40 was uncomfortable with stock screen.
    Obviously motorway and long distances may be different but early impressions are definitely positive.
    Thanks AndyW for the review - PUIG Sport Screen | Ducati MTS1200 Forum
    Fit was perfect, used standard screws and bushes, looks like Puig may have improved on the quality.

#7 tim1664, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  8. I think it's the other way around, in 2012 they had good quality control, but for 2013/14 it's crap.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information