1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Push Irons

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by d8mok, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Your cupboards have adjustable feet? So, adjust them :Finger:

2. It's the pish worktops that came with them that's the problem. :Wideyed:

I need to screw them to the cupboards and they'll be OK.

I stopped noticing but now you've brought them back into my conciousness and I'll have to action the issue. :mad:

How dare you question my spirit level skills.

IMG_2690.jpg

3. Cause they're a bit shit :D

4. I'm the same on my motorbike. To be fair after checking my computers and doing some more accurate calculations its actually around the 7-8K.

5. Well, you may have a point as I had been drinking. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Climb from Glencathra.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. That picture reminds me of Reggie Perrin or John Darwin (Canoe man). It looks like you've taken your life :Wideyed:

8. It was a 7 mile climb from Keswick to get there so it felt like I had taken my life

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thought this looked like a laugh, so got myself set up on Monday, you could seriously kill yourself chasing people you're never likely to meet in real life... excellent !! :).

Thanks for the heads up, I've been out of cycling for a few years and probably wouldn't have found Zwift without the post.... (starts Googling active turbo trainers to add to the collection...)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Few of my steeds..... love my OS BMX :sunglasses:

15094485_10154475956980395_7844707076563554147_n.jpg

10854864_10152861798595395_3398414795761728534_o.jpg

1922148_10152698977360395_8099593946064724449_n.jpg

IMG_9629_zpsiei8aifl.jpg

981884_10151633950045395_1708864499_o.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Feck me! Please edit title to include a warning re the BMX colour scheme, sunglasses required as a safety precaution :sunglasses::sunglasses:

12. :wink::laughing:

13. I was a roadie long before mountain biking took off (creak). But I embraced the new-fangled stuff wholeheartedly and have hacked my way off-road over much of the UK and various bits of Africa, Iceland, Spain, The Rockies, California and other places whose memory has been obliterated by various means. I now live a mile off-road so, in the ten years I've lived in current pad, I haven't been able to use my road bike. And I miss that. Then, when a bloke with a waxed beard and bad trousers looked at my mountain bike and opined that it was a, "Radical retro build, man…", I knew something had to be done. So here's #newtoy: a Cannondale Synapse Di2 built to gravel spec, with much chunkier (but lighter) Mavic wheelset (tubeless tyres) and my favourite Brooks saddle. Gets down our farm track a treat and is perfect for long distances on our local 'roads' and the old railway lines that abound hereabouts.Happy bunny, or will be when the mud dries up a bit… 20161105 7183.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. :smile:Weeksy: damn you and your Zwift ... fully hooked on it now, already done 100km this week and finding fitness coming back in spades - could be more addictive than a Class A !!
    Just waiting for a set of Vector 2s to arrive to get into this power training lark...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. What's the ally frame like on the road Tech?

16. Pretty sure it's carbon

17. That will teach me for not zooming in on a photo, I'm stuck in 1999 so that would make it a CAAD3/4 I reckon.
    Had some Easton Carbon bars back in the day, work with the stuff too Doh...

18. Yep, it's the full carbon model. My first all-carbon bike and I'm really impressed with both the comfort and responsiveness - it really does seem to combine the comfort of a top-notch steel frame (I've got two custom-built Roberts) with the immediacy of response of an alloy frame. I had an alloy frame/carbon fork Cannondale in the late 90s (R600) and it was a great bike but was quite tiring on long days due to the level of vibration it transmitted. My drive would double nicely as a motocross track and I can't quite believe the level of comfort for a non-suspension bike. Running the 30mm tubeless tyres probably helps a lot there too.

19. here goes with my year old Norco MTB. very standard bike, but decent for its price (sub £400). having never had disk brakes on a pushbike, I am still amazed at the stopping power of a set of hydraulic disks compared with rim/pad set ups that I am used to.

norco charge.JPG

20. And here is the old Dawes Scorpio I am planning to strip and refurbish.

dawes1.JPG

dawes2.JPG

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information