1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Push Irons

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by d8mok, Dec 2, 2016.

1. IMG_4414.JPG £20 off a mate about a month ago. Used it twice for 15 mins ride and got home exhausted and in agony.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. funny that,, looks the business as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I paid more than that for a stem cap.

4. you paid too much mate, about £19.99 too much

5. Perfect, can't complain at £20. gets you out and burning those legs and lungs, what more do you want/need.

Some of the high-end kit is very nice looking, and amazing technology, but I just can't bring myself to throw more than £500 at a decent pushbike. as I now have a roadbike and a MTB, and a retro of each, I guess I need no more. I might make the odd tweek here and there to the roadbike (brakes are very poor, so will have a play with them first).

Would love to have a go on one of the very high spec bikes, just to see what it is like to ride one, but I must have a bit of Yorkshire blood in me, tight as a gnat's chuff!

Pete

6. spotted this for sale

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • WTF WTF x 1
  7. slightly off topic, and maybe a bit "common-sense", but any of you cyclists currently riding through the winter regardless? if so, what are you doing about chain/sprocket maintenance?

so far, I am noticing the amount of grit, muck, sand, etc that I and the bike get covered in, and therefore what is getting into the moving parts. my "maintenance" for now is to use a low pressure hand pumped sprayer (just water, no detergent) to wash the bike down when I get to work pretty much each time I commute in, and once or twice per week will follow this with a dribble of either 3-in-1 light oil, or lithium grease, into the moving bits (bearing areas, chain/sprocket/derailleur/cables, brake caliper pivot, etc).

chain and associated seem to be in for the most punishment, so any thoughts suggestions?

Pete

• Like Like x 1
  8. Commute everyday on my Dean Ti and have no problems with routine maintenance kept up. I have Middleburn cable oilers still which are brilliant lube the chain once a week and clean it once a fortnight.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. what could it be ??

[​IMG]

10. just spray everything with gt85 every ride. if it gets wet, blast it with pressure or hose pipe, then gt85.

** just get over seeing that everything needs preserving, just enjoy it, its all consumable, and an excuse to upgrade when its fecked.

** This took me 20 years to achieve.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I hate grey waste pipes

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. but just go easy with the jet was around any exposed bearing points , not saying dont do it,, just be sensible.

13. jeeez,, is that one careful lady owner ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey, it comes with a free bike rack. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. I use on of these with Gunk degreaser. The one I've got's a bit bigger. 2 minute job, chain squeaky clean quick sharp! I think they do them in Halfords. Have a butchers.

Bike Chain Cleaner | Great Gadgets | Qwerkity

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. was a cold ride in this morning (definitely another layer or two was needed). dug out the old boneshaker (1990's Marin Muirwoods).

@Mary Hinge - got one of those chain cleaners off ebay for £4, not used it yet.

cleaned up all 3 bikes over Christmas and coated with ACF50 - that stuff is very greasy and gets everywhere!

Marin.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. thats an old girl rite enough,, bet those rims dont last long in this weather.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information