1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Question: Which Bluetooth Headsets / Phone

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by John W, Apr 19, 2017.

1. As the title says, which Bluetooth headsets work reliably linked to the S Bluetooth hub ?
    I'm doing my annual sniff of Bluetooth headsets to see what suits our needs.
    I want to ensure Whatever I decide to buy will link to the bike too, a's i plan to chang wI thin the next year.

What I need:
    Must work reliably as intercom to pillion,
    Must also link reliably to my Garmin satnav.
    We occasionally play music, which is stored on the Garmin.
    Link to my iPhone, and maybe the wife's Samsung.
    We do lots of trips so needs to last all day and be able to charge both of them easily.

Not so fussed about:
    Playing music from the phone,
    Radio,
    Bike to bike.

So has the ducati Bluetooth improved / matured ?
    Will it reliably link all the bits ?
    Can you skip tracks, adjust volume etc of music and nav prompts ?
    Can you make a call or only receive one ?

I've done a bunch of searches but can't find anything posted recently, or indeed a definitive set of instructions as to what can be controlled and how.
    Cheers,
    John.

2. I tried a the Scala Rider Q3 twin pack and although they were fine when linked to the phone, and each other, as soon as they were linked to the bike they just weren't reliable and kept disconnecting, music dropping out, sat nav instruction were intermitten, etc....

Changed them for the Interphone F5MC and.....perfect!

Connects to the bike, phone, sat nav perfectly, comms is clear and uninterrupted, music is jittery for the first minute after pressing play, but settles almost like it's buffering and is smooth afterwards...

Battery?? Well....I've done 14/15 hour days running back from Europe, 2 up with music playing, sat nav instructions and they were still going at the end of the day, didn't even switch them off during stops.

They come with a "Y" cable to charge both off the same charger and are fully charged within 3 hours.

I run them in a Schuberth C3 Pro with the upgraded "ProSound" speaker kit and the sound quality is actually pretty good.

I'm sure the new model is better, and would say there's definitely better out there, but for the money, I'd say they can't be beaten.

Steve

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Thanks Steve, I will check the interphone out.

Question regarding the C3 pro. How do you find it ?
    We have had c2, and then C3. Have problems with them letting water in when it rains, and not sealing so the wind noise triggers the intercom. There is no adjustment on the visor so can't do anything about it (went back to schuberth and came back the same, no fault found).
    Is the C3 pro any better ?

4. Ive just changed to the E1 actually after 3 years with the C3 Pro, and no issues with either, but to be fair, we're all different...different shaped heads and varying tolerances to noise etc..

I find the Schuberths just great, but just my opinion of course.

Steve

5. Sena 10S is a marvel. Great rider-to-rider comms, outstanding (12hr+) battery life and good phone / nav interaction. Decent volume and sound quality and the noise-filtering for comm's and phone use is excellent.

Two thumbs up!

6. Hi guys
    Thanks for the replies. It's great to hear they are good quality and able to last all day now.

The question is though, are you using them linked through the ducati hub on the S ?
    Is anyone actually bothering to link to the bike, or is it more trouble than its worth. There were comments when it came out but don't know if these have been addressed and it's all good now, or just none using it.

I like the look of the packtalk and the yet to arrive sena 30.
    No idea if they link OK to the bike though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I would also recommend the Interphone F5MC with Pro Sound, I had it on my Shoei Neotech and have just changed to the Schuberth C3 Pro version.

Harder to find now as they are discontinued and there is a newer version (I think this still does the Pro sound as well. It's worth getting the Pro Sound if possible as the quality is much better (and louder) than my previous Sena at speed.

Also the short microphone style doesn't interfere with a flip helmet like the boom ones do.
    Interphone Pro Schuberth Sound Audio Kit - buy cheap ▷ FC-Moto

Interphone Pro Sound Review - webBikeWorld

8. I just link my phone to the headset, I haven't played with 1200 S DVT hub properly, but I know one of the guys on tour last year ran his like this.

9. I'm really disappointed with my Cardo Sho-1 and will probably try a Sena unit next. The Cardo app on the iPhone is shocking and recently stopped working completely and there are a tonne of crap reviews for it. Whats the Sena app like?

10. Interphone Tour with Pro Sound in my Neotec *drops mic* :Headphone::Headphone:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have a Garmin Zumo 595 Sat Nav, Sena 20s Intercom and Android Galaxy 7.

Individually they are great bits of equipment but, despite repeated attempts, I've been unable to integrate everything though the Multistrada bluetooth hub. This has been my one big disappointment with the bike.

12. I don't think it's a fault of the bike, more likely the way the individual components work together. There is definitely an order in which to connect them for it to work properly, however I have to say that the Garmin's involvement in the whole solution is largely superfluous and just complicates things. Just stick to the phone and intercom and get those bits working together first, then add the Garmin in later but get ready to delete it from the config once you see what I mean. It keeps interrupting the other feeds and effectively keeps it's channel to your intercom open for a lot longer than it needs to. It seems like a good idea but in practice it's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

• Agree Agree x 1

13. John,

Interphone x2, iPhone 7 and Garmin 590LM all linked through DVT S Hub, all work great together.

The Carlo kit I changed worked great when linked directly with my phone and satnav, but as soon at I routed it through the bike it all went wrong??
    DON'T go down the Cardo route (Packtalk) if you want to use the hub, you'll be disappointed!

It took me a little while to get all working reliably through the hub, you have to pair everything in a certain order, I.e. Phone first, then Satnav, then intercoms....if paired in a different order, the music streaming didn't work properly? Strange, but true!

To be honest, I like it! Dash displays track title when streaming music, you can use menu up and down to change track and pause music. If phone rings, dash displays caller, and displays a little speech bubble when you have a text. Can't read a text, but that's good!

Small things, I know, but if you've paid the premium for the S model and have it on your bike, why would you not invested the time and energy into learning how to use it to its full potential?

Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Don't get a Scala Rider G9x. Absolute garbage.

Review:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Im another interphone fan very clear and easy to use.

16. I think I'm going to admit defeat with the Cardo stuff. I'm pretty miffed as I've spent a small fortune on a Cardo Sho-1 for my Shoei GT-Air, extra wiring for my Shoei Xspirit-III, extra batteries, a collar for my wife's C3Pro. All up I'm probably in the hole for over £700 for this lot. When it works it works well but sometimes the headset will crash and stop responding or might need re-pairing. It's supposed to be best out there but it's really unreliable. I've also had to have a faulty unit replaced under warranty, which meant I was without anything for a while. Latest email from Cardo after I contacted them about the iPhone app not connecting to the main unit - they've said I need to delete app, un-pair from phone, bike, GPS, everything, re-pair everything, re-install app .... I just can't be bothered. I'm going to do the first bit of un-pairing everything, then I'm going to put it back in it's box and eBay the f-ing lot.

17. Interphone f5mc here too - bought a twin pack between me and my mate for using at the TT as its inevitable you'll get split up at some point.....weve had a couple of tests and ive found it to be reliable. No problems connecting to my phone....as long as the bluetooth is on and the music app is open you can put the phone away. Interphone quote some stupid distance that they can communicate at (something like a mile) but in reality its about a quarter of a mile if that but having said that im more than happy with what ive got. My only complain is the stock speakers are really tinny so i bought the upgraded speakers for my x-spirit III which while not specifically for the x-spirit III ( i think its was for another model) they fit in perfectly. The upgraded speakers are a quite a bit better but i got more out of them once id messed around with the graphic equalizer on the phone to take some treble out and add some bass in.

They'll never be as good as noise cancelling in-ear phones (as they seal your ear closed) but for all the extra functionality you get its well worth it.

18. Would recommend the Sena 10 , Ive had a 5 and a 10 and am currently running an s20 which isn't as good as the 10 in my opinion.
    had some issue with water getting in.
    They all work really well with Iphones and the sena app and the DVT system.
    I prefer not to use the ducati system as it did have a few glitches when switching between phone/music/sat nav , that you didn't get before.
    the only advantage was the persons name who's ringing appears on the dash
    big deal......

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I've got an Interfone (F5mc I believe) twin kit that I've only used for one trip if anyone wants to buy it? PM me if interested. Sat in the cupboard for 18mths or more so not much point me keeping it.

20. Stupid question - are the Sena and Interfone units voice controlled like the Cardo Sho-1?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information