1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Quickshifter Multistrada Dvt What Is The Feedback? And What Is The Best One To Get?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by phil street fighter, Apr 16, 2017.

1. well I think on a 20k bike it should be upto the job and it should be on as standard, and if I had bought a monster 1200 r (which I was about to until I discovered no qs and no supported ducati option) id be pissed off too. look why are a couple of you sticking up for ducati?? everyone I speak to in the real world is pretty shocked about the lack of a qs in todays world. the box should be upto it, oh and while we are at it the cancelation of the extended warranty program is sign of them not having confidence in the whole range don't you think?

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. I'm not sticking up for them per se, just stating the facts. Buy a new Monster. Its supposed to be the equal of, if not better than, the R version anyway.

The extended warranty programme is now back in place but can only purchased at point of sale. It was withdrawn because it didn't comply with financial rules.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ha not sticking up for them either.

If the gearbox lunches out of warranty, don't come bleating on here if you stuck a QS on it and have a big bill, that's all :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wow! that's a lot of fuss over something the you'd probably only miss if you've had one before.
    After my accident I did wonder if you could get an auto shifter for the bike I was getting next, but after riding the Mutly and only having to have the gear leaver set up as high as it will go I wasn't bothered, I cant see any benefit from fitting a QS, just another gimmick, and I think (not that I'm sticking up for Ducati ltd) I think Ducati see's the QS on the BM as a sales gimmick I doubt if offers any extra performance on the road that an experienced rider cant get.
    Other than that Ducati probably know that putting a QS on a bike that may spend a lot of it's time 2 up with full luggage might be asking for trouble.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I don't accept that , that's an issue that could have been sorted out in a breath instead it took a year. you are

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. You don't accept your previous post?
    Why do people think that because they paid a bit more than average for a bike that it must be 100% perfect and have everything the rider wants.

• Like Like x 1
  7. May be they cant get a good deal on a QS system, after all what bit of a ducati is actualy made by them, from what I can tell most of the bike is bought in, Sachs, Brembro, Bosch, Givi, semen's, Regina, Renthal, K&N every thing is bought in? may be they just couldn't strike a deal on a QS from Dynojet or healtech.

8. I will be fitting a healtech soon as I miss the pops and bangs while changing up!

9. MT-10 from yamaha has one

and Honda goes further and already brings out perfectly engineered full autos (DCT, 2nd gen already) than can be used with a clutchless footshifter, thus could be used as a quick shifter.

Gotta love Jap shite..

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. ducati also have a extended warranty program for 2nd hand Ducs...
    Ducati Approved.
    At least in Belgium, and in some other EU countries.

11. I've bought this unit. I see that I will have to remove the tank to get to the top injector connection. It's the smaller of the 2 supplied connections from healtech. Where does the other connector attach to? I know one will go to the unit but am unsure where the other connector goes. The larger of the 2.
    This is for a dvt multi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12. Fitted mine yesterday I just loosened the tank and the plastics around it to allow me to lift it a couple of inches. I removed the 2 tank mounts that are under the seat too to allow tank to lift up slightly. Both the connectors are on the near side you can just about get to them need to remove the plastic side panels

13. Thanks for that. Sounds promising. If the top connection is replaced out of the 3. See arrow. Which is the other one to replace? Colour? Not my bike. Number? [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14. I bought my MS secondhand with a Translogic quickshifter already fitted, I have to say I'm now a convert to quickshifters as this one is absolutely brilliant.

• Like Like x 1
  15. If Rich at LM has concerns, then they need to be listened to and warnings heeded.

16. Apparently, if you superfinish the cogs (?) then the gearboxes become far more bullet proof. Tbf Kawasaki and BMW have exactly the same issue with theirs and QS

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. I'm pretty new to QS. I never used mine on my 1198. The one on the 12 is fab, however I still use the clutch when just riding normally.

18. I've just fitted and tried my HealTech easy. Its a lovely system. The jolt from 1-2 is a lot smoother than I have imagined. Onwards from there the clutchless shifting is like a hot knife through butter that has been left out for an hour. I would be interested in seeing what settings you are all using.
    My cut off is Auto 85ms, I know people are using 55ms as their sweet spot. It does say on the notes that.. If your bike has less than 4 cylinders, typically larger value is optimal. Thoughts?

What are you other settings? I have 70% Sensor threshold, Cut-off delay 15ms.
    Great addition to my 2017 Pikes Peak for sure.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information