1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Quickshifter Wire Loom Question

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Chris2511, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Ok so I have checked the black LCD display there is no button on the back

Cleaned the earth / battery terminal again connected it all back up and still only countdown from 5.4. Then blank screen again

Will have to call HM in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. For me 55ms has always been the sweet spot/starting point...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. I'm guessing the SS version has no button on the back as it self calibrates, it's all still pointing to the earth for me

The battery terminals have no grease on them would this effect the conductivity and giving a weak earth ??

The bike itself fires up no problem with the new loom all plugged in

4. The button is tiny! Have you got pictures of it? Does display stay on when bike is running? If display comes on when you turn on ignition I would say earth is ok. If display stays on when running then it's working. Try sitting on bike with it running with clutch in and work up to 6th gear then hold revs to around 3-4000 and try and shift to what would be 7th again with clutch ALWAYS in! You should hear bike Reba dip slightly as ignition is cut.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi Jase,

Just spoke to another guy who had same bike and same quickshifter

He got his working by running the bike and gently pressing on the gear leaver so it doesn't got into gear and then it fires up

He called HM and told them this but obviously they haven't updated the instructions yet [emoji16]

So will give this a whirl in a bit and hopefully she will come to life

• Like Like x 1
  7. Went out last night and tested the system .. works a great smooth as butter!

The instructions say to turn the ignition on whilst holding the shift lever in any direction but the countdown cuts off when it gets to 5...4... then blank screen

So to get it set up I had to turn the ignition on, fire the bike up straight away, hold the clutch in and lightly apply pressure to clutch lever, not to get it in gear just enough for the strain gauge to register and the countdown starts in full

At last!!

Went for a quick spin and it literally is silky smooth in all gears

Did hit a couple of false neutrals but I only had my trainers on not my boots so wasn't apply AS much pressure as I do when changing up

Got my first track day at Oulton park tomorrow just praying for at least a couple of hours of dry tracks to test it out properly

Don't fancy blasting about in the wet with supercorsa SP's on

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information