1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radial Master Cylinder On St2

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by ste996, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Has anyone fitted radial master cylinders to a ST2. What did you use.

I've got some Accossato ones which after a trail for don't really fit that well. Not with out a lot of messing about anyway.

2. I have an ST4s with a pair of early Ducati 999 radial master cylinders (front brake and clutch) fitted. However they require a new brake line due to the different location of the fluid outlet, and the reservoirs converting back to the remote type, as per your original ST2. The 999 ones hit the fairing.

The issue with them is that the piston diameter is fairly small giving a soft-ish lever, and they can't be rebuilt.

May I ask the reason for changing the master cylinder? Are you changing calipers, etc?
    What's the main issue with fitment on the Accossatos - I was looking at those?

3. Funnily enough I did think about 999 ones. Just brought a ST2 and have a pair of Radial m/c from my old track bike lying around, thought it would be a good upgrade.

One of the problems is were the hose mounts, it's on the underside of the cylinder and doesn't allow enough forward rotation it hits the throttle cable adjuster so it sits up to high,and the lever also hits the throttle housing giving not much travel.

4. It's easy enough. Just need to make s new bracket to refit remote reservoir :)

18x18 seems to work well with the older calipers :upyeah:

5. Note I haven't done that to st but have done a few monster

Do Not Sell My Personal Information