1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Ram Stem Mount

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Dartanion, May 9, 2015.

1. i have used the Ram stem mounts on other bikes but I believe that this may be a problem with the Pani - searching around it seems that some folks have managed to use the Ram B-342 accessory mount with a modification to make it suitable for the type of stem on the Pani, but I am struggling to find any details.

Has anyone else managed to sort this out and if so it would be great if you could share what you used and the method employed.

Cheers

2. I spoke to RAM at a trade show and the answer was a special mod done by an engineer known to them. Essentially, it is a stubby mount with a hex-bolt down the middle that tightens up a nut on a washer with a squashy rubber grommet. the nut/washer/grommet combo pokes through the hole in the head-stock and once tightened up is held in place by the deformation of the rubber grommet ! Simples ! I will be doing something along those lines to my own bike soon, as my current set-up is a bit ugly and crap.

3. Thanks for the replies chaps, will try some experimenting and let you know.

Cheers

4. Hi Dartanion,

What you need is a Telefrizer ram mount, I sold one on here a while ago :-

For Sale - Panigale Telferizer Ram Mount | Ducati Forum

Buy them from here, a Guy called Bob Telefer runs this outfit, he does security bolts and small waterproof connectors as well.

The Telferizer Custom Motorcycle RAM mounts for GPS Systems

Ram arms and other stuff, these people are good and have a wide selection.

RAM Mount UK

Just a warning about this mount, the "black ball" on the end is not rubber like a Ram mount, its made from injection moulded nylon and as such its as slippy as fcuk! my ram arm would not hold it without slipping, I ended up buying a Ram ball to go on the end of it to replace the nylon part, so this one fitting ended up costing me about 50 quid !!.........you have been warned!

Ducati 848 evo Mount for RAM Motorcycle Mounts (sku 11780) - BuyBits.com

By using a combination of bits and pieces and spacers, I have a nice quick release system that only leaves one Ram ball on the end of the lhs clip on when I remove the mount, I can remove the mount in about 5 mins, looks loads nicer!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps,

Poucher

#6 Poucher, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Poucher makes a good point about the Buy Bits mount. It's easily modded with some self-amalgamating tape. This rubberises the ball and stops slipping. Works great with my TT Rider 5.

6. I sorted a Ram mount down the yoke.
    Nice clean place to have it but Pouchers pics look like a good set up too.

I was told it couldn't be done and wouldn't work.
    The Telferizer mount proves that statement wrong.

The trick I found was to put a securing nut up from underneath and use a big washer with big rubber washers sandwiched in.
    Works fine as do various other solutions on here.

The real trick was to use several short extensions from several socket sets and shove them up the steering head from underneath with the captive nut in the socket. You can't get a big one in without major disassembly. A suitable length screw through the middle of the ram mount and some 'Sugru' to cover it over once it's secure and it's job done.

Hope you succeed one way or the other.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Hi - Which yoke mount did you get the Ram Mount RAM Mount UK
    or the The Telferizer Custom Motorcycle RAM mounts for GPS Systems

I'm thinking of the Ram mount kit for £42 which includes the Yoke stem, Ball arm and diamond base.

8. It was a Ram mount. It looks almost like the Desmo mount in the link posted by 990glen. I'll see if I have any details about which kit it came from n let you know

9. Thanks Sam
    Is it this one
    image.jpg

10. No. It's neater than that. I'll Try and find a picture. I'm not with the bike right now so can't take a photo

11. Why don't you just use the Telferizer mount??? its by far the neatest one to fit the top yoke??

12. Which case would you use to mount the phone in that connects to the ram mount?
    My phone is an iPhone 6.

13. Yep I probably will
    Out of interest why did you sell the Telferizer mount you had and change to the clip on mount. I'd have thought mounting on the steering head would be better than the clip on, fixed position and no risk of hitting the fairing

14. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here's what I'm thinking of going for as a set up. I want to use my 5" car TOM TOM XL so it's
    Telferizer yoke mount RAM
    Ram mounts double socket arm and diamond base
    Part no. RAM-B-103-A-238KT
    Sat Nav pouch off ebay
    Cigar lighter socket to plug into optimate lead

I'm thinking if the Ram ball on the Sat Nav pouch won't fit into the double socket arm then I'll screw the diamond base onto the plastic backing plate in the pouch.

Anyone done this or got any thoughts ?

15. Hi Nev,

I just found that the Telferizer plus ram arm and sat nav bracket lifted the screen up too close to my face and seeing as I'm getting a bit short of "lamp oil",:Watching::Watching: ...need longer arms etc, I couldn't see it too well in this position, hence I've moved it further away so I can see it better.

It does not foul the fairing at all, just sits nicely between the clutch and brake reservoirs, plus I use the ram ball for mounting the Go Pro on as well.

#17 Poucher, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
  16. I used the short Ram ball connector, I figured it would vibrate less than the long one and you don't need to bring it up higher, it'll get too close to you. I'll post pictures of mine later this morning.

17. Triari, I used a Tigra mount for my iPhone 5. I believe they do them for the 6 as well. Waterproof and works well. eBay or even Evans cycles. Comes with a perfectly good handlebar mount for those that have a handlebar...which I don't.

Or Buybits in Aylesbury do a very similar one. They have a big stock of cases and mounts. At the time their opinion was that you couldn't put a Ram mount down the stem of a Pani but you can. See above.

18. Ram mount, screw through the top, retaining rubber washer, penny washer and nut secured from underneath. Shove 3 or 4 short socket extenders up the steering head with the retaining nut in a socket. Long extension bar won't go in. Or buy the Telferizer.

image.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information