1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Ram Stem Mount

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Dartanion, May 9, 2015.

1. Rear of Tigra mount with ram mount adapted to fit. Short ball clamp

image.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Careful when you tighten the mount up in the yoke hole. I bought one for using my iphone for a GPS on our Europe trip last year and overtightened it and the bottom fell off inside the hole! I ended up just using the screw clamp attached to the yoke and a tie on in case it popped off. Actually worked fine for the whole trip surprisingly.

3. The Ram kit I used was RAP-B-354. I only used the ball bit.
    Don't be tempted to use the rest of the kit down the yoke of a Pan.

4. In the end I went for the Telferizer, although it is fine and looks neat I think it's a bit pricy at £33 inc. delivery. I reckon you could do the same by getting an M8 RAM stem from Ram Mounts for £17 and using an M8 well nut and washer. The shoulder on the well nut that came with the Telferizer does look to be slightly bigger diameter than a normal well nut, but I reckon a normal well nut would be ok (although haven;t tried it).
    I got the optimate 12v cigar lighter lead (£12) off E-bay and a waterproof case for a Garmin also off E-bay (£24). This has a female connection for a 1" RAM ball so fits directly on the RAM stem without the need for a bracket. You can get optimate leads with USB connections but they are around £26.
    I've fitted the 12v cigar lighter with cable ties to the top yoke. I haven't riden the bike yet but it seems pretty secure and whilst the key access is slightly restricted with the case directly connected to the RAM stem it's not too bad.
    Here's a few links and pics.
    Waterproof Case
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120891100954?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    Optimate Lead
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261336371622?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    M8 RAM Stem Mount
    RAM MOUNT 1" Ball Base with Hole and M8 Screw RAM-B-367 | eBay

RAM.JPG Satnav.JPG Satnav2.JPG

5. Looks like a good solution. You may need to unplug the Optimate when you leave the bike as it might run your battery down, even though it's not plugged into the sat nav. Suggest you check that out. I have to unplug mine.

6. Thanks Sam
    I was thinking and hoping it would not draw any power when not connected. Have you got same optimate 12v cigar lighter lead and did yours run the battery down

8. My Optimate has a plug connector on it like the type often used for charging batteries on bikes. A black 2 pin plug with a male and female. The Optimate unit itself glows blue when connected so consumes power. I think these transformer units usually do consume power even when they're not connected to a sat nav or phone.

9. The other end of my unit has a USB connector.

10. I used the M6 steering damper mounting bolt for mine, worked well on a recent 400 mile trip to Devon.
    The Zumo 400 I use is quite heavy on its ram mount, so I didn't want to add it to the steering mass -

[​IMG]
    I also extended the Optimate cable up to supply power -

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Great idea, simples, wish I'd thought of it.

12. Hi - That's a great idea guzzisti57 where did you get this from.

I am after a way of attaching a phone to my 959 for occasional use, but when not in use I don't want anything unsightly left behind. I have been looking at the Telferizer, but like your idea here.

Any thought or issues with it?

Thanks

13. Nice solution, will it only work with a Zumo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14. I used a tigra waterproof case with the steering damper mount and a short ball clamp. Worked good.
    Ran an optimate adaptor to the Ducati plug under the seat and a USB charger cable to the phone.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information