1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Paddock Stand

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Daddy2coull, May 12, 2016.

1. hi guys. just ordered a new sp that should be ready to collect in two weeks. i have a ducati paddock stand from a 1098s and intend to turn the spindle down on a lathe at work. could anybody tell me what the spindle size should be for the hyper?

thanks

2. Should be 26mm.

3. Ah.. Sorry, different for the 821/939....i think yours might be OK...

4. Does anyone know the exact pin size for the 939 SP? I have a new set of stands but the pin was sized to my guesstimation rather than copied from an existing stand design...

If anyone could stick a caliper over their stand pin, that'd be great!

5. I can do it tonight for you. Out of interest are you using a genuine Ducati paddock stand?

6. Awesome, thanks very much!

No, I have a set of Geetech stands that were made to my estimated pin size. Turns out my estimation was shite as it's a wee bit loose.

I tried to measure the spindle hole last night but it's too tight and long to get a decent reading from my vernier...

7. I measured my pin last night and it's 21.8mm. Hopefully yours is larger as my bike doesn't seem massively stable with that pin size...

8. Apologies for not getting back on here last night, pulled an all nighters at work. I measured the pin (genuine Ducati) 21.58mm and 25.66mm.

I also made one up myself a few months ago and I'd found this

pin-21,7-25,7mm.jpg

Mine feels just as stable as my 848 ever did. Hope this helps

9. That's a huge help, thanks very much!

I asked Geetech to make my pin 21.8mm dead so that's why it's not massively stable. I hadn't even thought about stepping it to take the larger of the 2 bores.

I'm lucky enough to have access to a bank of lathes at work so i'll be able to knock something up with that detail... :sunglasses:

10. I made one myself but didn't use stainless and it keeps going rusty with no coating

11. Here is a photo of the size via an old Vernier, before you mill it down. I do have a spare 1 you can buy for £29.99 inc postage, if you want both options.

Hyper Spindle size.jpg

12. The only suitable bit of scrap I could find was Super Duplex so my new pin will definitely out live the bike. :tearsofjoy:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I have a Ducati Performance stand with a XDavel wheel pin.
    I need a pin for my S4RS. the dimensions are whats in the above photo.
    Would anyone with access to a lathe be willing to make me one
    Of course I'd be willing to pay for it
    thanks

14. I think I have one but it’s my first attempt but in mild steel rather than stainless. It’s yours for postage if I can find it. But it will rust if left outside.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information