1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Preload Adjustment

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Cole Trickle, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Hi all,

Recently purchased a SFS and sadly the front fork leg was broken, lucky my local garage had a look and warned me!

So while they are off being fixed and serviced I'd like to set the rear shock up a little better. When I checked the settings it seemed like it was in its hardest so I've put it back to its factory settings as a base point. The only thing I don't know is what preload should it have? I've attached a picture of the current setting, do you think it looks a little on the hard side?

[​IMG]

Cheers Ed
    'I'm dropping the hammer!'

2. Brilliant, that'll be my bed time reading sorted out then!

Cheers Ed
    'I'm dropping the hammer!'

3. It sounds lazy but I'd take it to a suspension shop and had a pro set-up. As well as compression, pre-load and rebound there's a lot of potential adjustment that can be made to the bike's posture through the rear ride height adjuster. For the sake of £99 it was worth getting it right first time.
    Small adjustments to the ride height adjuster in conjunction with preload can transform the way the bikes steers, in a really good way if you know what you're doing, or a really bad way if you don't..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information