1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebuilding The Legend!

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Sinister, Jul 21, 2016.

1. And we don't even know what that is!

2. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't bother me one iota. :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Did you not see the original build :Watching: ba ba ba bling, t'owd Sinister got plenty of 'banter' on that but it was like water off a ducks back :upyeah: I can't wait to see the paint job :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I remember in the 80's with mountain bikes I used to get as much coloured anodised as I could and throw it on the bike, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't but you don't really know till you try it, I miss them kooka rasta cranks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. My zaskar in the 90's looked like I'd had it colour coordinated by bob Marley as there was so many mismatched and bright colours. The only benefit was I didn't have the internet to show off my creation.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. [​IMG]

Rakesh called, He wants his bike back........

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Now you know I like red
    This bike before it had an unfortunate accident looked pretty darn nice

I'm intrigued to how sinister is going to make it look this time

So sssshhhh sit back and enjoy :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don't expect everyone to like it on this forum & yes I do understand that I will get ripped on it like I did before but I have pretty thick skin so bring it on.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Just getting the paint process with the taping on the carbon panels...adjusting how the paint will be laid on because I am going to leave some of the carbon exposed around the edges plus there will be lots of fading out effects...

#89 Sinister, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Don't let the buggers grind you down , keep on posting , some are more interested in seeing than minging .

• Like Like x 2
  11. No worries, I really don't care what some of the haters think or say negative things about my creation...my bike isn't boring to look at like theirs...if it was really that bad or ugly I wouldn't have taken 1st place 4 times in a row in the sportbike class at the shows in the past 4 years, all is good. [emoji4]

#91 Sinister, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  12. This season I'll be mostly wearing Nigerian Gold with red accents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13. I actually think you misunderstand why everyone takes the Mickey.

The bike itself (848) is a great bike. In fact my 848 I had was my favourite bike I've owned. The parts you fit seem to be of great quality mostly and no doubt improve the bike from standard. However your taste in colours and styles is terrible. Sometimes less is more and not every part has to be anodised gold.

There is a 848 on eBay uk at the moment which has been modded very nicely at £10k with gold wheels. The bike has just the right amount of class. It's not simply about bolting every fancy part to a bike and thinking it'll look right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. No , its about thinking cafrefully what to get and where to put it,,, strange is it ? Not everybody's taste is the same eg . Some people just cant get Picasso . Good on the lad , keep posting

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Another poster :mad: you double mingebag :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Say's the Harley Riding Audi TT owner :Nailbiting:

:smileys:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Nothing wrong with having a Joseph of a bike, might throw the cardigan purists into a lap lather but lets be honest, if you didn't like quirky, you wouldn't buy a duke

18. Yes, well. Opinions as to taste very widely, especially on opposite sides of the Atlantic Ocean. We are all entitled to our views, and to express them in words or in metal. It is always interesting to see what others believe to be in good taste, but -
    De gustibus non disputandum.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I actually think it's a term of endearment. :) Double mingebag even more so. :Kiss:

• Love You Love You x 1
  20. Hahaha the only part that got anodized is the kickstand all the other parts were the same before the accident, I just replaced them because they got ruined so in retrospect I am not anodizing everything in gold like you say...maybe you should take a look at the bike how it was before you start bashing...you are entitled to your opinion as I am.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information