1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Removal Of Switch Blocks For Track Bike.

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by emsquared, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Okay so here's the thing, I'm looking to de-clutter the bars on my 999 track bike. I'd like to move to a less bulky start / stop switch to enable me to use a Brembo RCS brake master cylinder and to get rid of the left-hand switch block. At the moment the only function it performs is for the fast idle feature - are there any other alternatives for this apart from holding the throttle slightly open until the thing has warmed-up?
    I've also heard that there may be some interaction between the need for connected switch gear and full functionality of the ECU and correct fuelling - has anyone got authoritative info on this? Similarly, I'm going to fit a RCS clutch master cylinder and would like to tidy the side stand / clutch cut-out switch.

Cheers,

Martin.

2. Or move it to the left bar. That's how I had my 848 set up, as the lights switches are removed anyway.

3. I run mine with a quicker idle than standard eliminating the fast idle lever. And have moved the starter / engine kill to the left hand side.
    Yep ditch the cutout switch and bridge the connector. I ditched the side stand as well.

4. I've had a chat to a few folk and the plan is to perhaps use a 916 throttle twist grip which has the integrated fast idle button - this will eliminate the left-hand switch cluster - and use the 916 stop / start switch block which is a fair bit slimmer than that on the 999. I'll let you know how it goes.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information