1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement frame stickers

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Haydn, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Hi,

Earlier this year I removed my worn frame sticker only to find that I could see where it had been by the colour of the frame. After many failed attempts to source replacement frame stickers for my bike I decided to make my own. The plan was to make a pair or my bike and for Graham off here, but if there is more interest in these then I can make a few more sets. Let me know if you're interested by replying or PM and let me know which bike its for. For 748 & 996 I will need a picture. I do not have prices yet but should have the first 916 set in a couple of weeks. Below are the templates I've created. Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers
    Haydn

Right Hand Side

[​IMG]

Left Hand Side

[​IMG]

Interest

Beds748s - 1 x 748SP set
    Red998 - 1 x 748 set, 1 x 748SPS
    Duke of Wales - 2 x 916 set
    Mykie916 - 2 x 916 set
    Foyo1 - 2 x 916 set
    Nelson - 1 set
    Cranker V2 - 1 x 748 set
    DEANORD - 2 x 916 set
    Daisy Duke - 1 x 916 set
    Ministry - 1 x 916 set
    Notanumber - 1 x 916 set.
    Swinz - 1 x 916 set.
    Taffr - 1 x 916 set.

#1 Haydn, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  2. Hi

Thats just what I need for a old 748 sp I have been doing up . What info do u need .

Daryl

3. One for my SPS would be good and for my old 78S as well. Not sure what info you would need though.

4. could we just send you a couple of jpegs and the frame numbers etc?

5. Ok so at the moment it is far too expensive to produce individual stickers so at this time I'm not going to be making the VIN sticker for the rear subframe. For the other two stickers I will have to just do generic 748, 916, 996 ones. The stickers may have changed slightly for SPS models or may be different for say the 748R compared to the 748E but the cost is too high to produce one off stickers. The plan is produce 4 sets of stickers for 748, 916, 996 and 998. I need the details off the 748, 996 and 998 stickers or a photo to match up the design. It may just be a case of changing the numbers but until I see them I don't know for sure.

Would people be be kind enough to send me photos of the 748, 996 & 998 frame stickers, even if you're not interested in the stickers it would help everyone else out. Also I need confirmation that the 996 and 998 had these stickers too.

Cheers
    Haydn

6. Funkyrimpler,

i dont need need the frame number as the sticker doesn't show any reference to it. It's a generic number so every sticker will be the same for that model.

7. The 998 didn't have any as I have a 998 so that can be discounted.

8. Cheers Red, I have started a list of interest in the first post.

Haydn

9. To add to the above my 748SPS and my 748S had stickers on the right hand side only where the footpeg triangle is. I think it may have included the frame number though but I cannot remember as both were removed by the blasting company when the frames were powder coated.

Can anyone else confirm from their machines please?

10. 916sps above the information table is H1 not to clear in the photo.
    The top line is 10 0154319 then
    40 0154321
    41 0254142
    78 0254143

brian.

DUCATI  H1.jpg

Ducati H1Sticker.JPG

11. This a bit of a problem. If I am to have these professionally produced with satin over laminate etc I cannot request all the different variants. That last 916 SPS sticker is very different, extra writing etc and it appears to be a different finish too. To make all the different variables I would have to print them myself and perhaps seal them with a Matt lacquer. I wouldn't be able to offer any guarantee that they would hold up to much. At the moment I'm pursuing both options. Ill print some myself and see what the results are like.

Cheers
    Haydn

12. Update,

Ive found a company in London that can create the silver/metal finish foil backed stickers like the originals. However I need more interest to cover the costs. Minimum order is 100 of each size but hopefully I can get them to print the 748/916/996 variants within the 100. Otherwise I will have 100 916 sets that I wont be able to shift.

If youre interested please let me know. It appears the 996 did have these stickers too, can a 996 owner confirm if the text is the same as the above designs but obviously 996 instead of 916?

Cheers
    Haydn

#12 Haydn, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  13. I certainly appreciate your efforts, I can't see you will get so much interest so it might be disappointing, but I still would like one each for my bikes, providing the cost is OK. I think now I was wrong about the frame number being included but part of it, ZDM, is I think.

Don't forget there are variants for the models though, S, SPS etc.

14. The biggest problem is the 100 minimum order of anyone design/size. So just to do the standrad 916 alone i would end up with 100 sets (200 stickers). If I did all 2 models I would end up with 600 stickers at home and very out of pocket, thats not even considering the S, SPS etc

15. I'd be up for a set of 916 ones ...

16. Think I have found the solution, will be able to print any variant for any model. Should have the first set done soon, will post pics up
    Cheers
    Haydn

#16 Haydn, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  17. Brian,

Thanks for that. Could you give me the dimensions as the SPS sticker appears to be wider.

Cheers
    Haydn

18. Good news, I'd still like mine but I don't know the model information, no doubt someone could provide that.

19. Red,

Can you confirm which ones you would like, I'm getting confused on how many bikes you've got and which ones you want lol.

Cheers
    Haydn

20. I need one for a 748SPS and one for a 748 biposto which actually used to have 748S noted on the sticker. I don't know what else it said though that's the problem so maybe another forum member could help here.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information