1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Reverse/race Shift Options?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by 750steve, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Since doing a lot of riding on track the reverse shift pattern makes more sense to me & TBH seems more 'natural' now. Before i bought my 1199 i knew it wasn't just a simple matter of inverting one of the connections unless you want to lose the quick shift ability.
    Is there any other way to enable reverse/Race pattern & keep the quick shift function apart from the Ducati Performance reverse shift part? If that is the only way is it just a matter of swapping the shift rods over & reconnecting the wiring.

On my race bike i ran an HM Quickshifter & i have to say it was smooth & faultless! No moving parts to go wrong either!

2. You'll need the DP part in order to run QS in race//reverse shift. I have seen someone take apart the road shift QS and reverse the sensor so that it works in pull mode once reversed. It's a plain old switch in the housing, nothing as sophisticated or sexy as HM's load sensor and DSP set up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. There was a reverse rod for sale on eBay a few weeks ago... might be worth a look

4. I bought the DP part but havn't tried it yet. It was about £60 ish I think which seemed reasonable to keep it all straightforward. The switch based QS are pretty agricultural though and I'd rather have the HM stuff but that's a bunch more money.

5. You've the 2015 Pani R haven't you? That's bidirectional so it doesn't matter whether it's pushed or pulled.

6. Yes it is, but I liked the idea of the strain gauge in the HM being friendlier on the gear box and I've been considering giving up the downshift for it. I had the standard QS replaced on warranty and it's much better now so not sure if I'll do it.

7. HM QS strain gauges are actually bidirectional and you can configure whether it's push or pull in sw on the little control panel. They don't currently work in both modes at the same time, but it's something Gareth must be looking at enabling sometime. His a very smart guy and the story of how he came up with a (relatively) low cost strain gauge QS is fascinating.

8. What was the part number as i've tried looking and cant find one ??
    Called Moto rapido and Ducati dont make them anymore

9. The DP rearsets have the facility to have either with existing QS unit. I know the 1299 has a kit which consisted of a small bit of cable and a new cam thing (bit that goes on gear spline) which is £62. The 1199 may have one also.

10. i think the 1299 was bi-directional so acted like a pull or push sensor - the 1199S i have is just a pull sensor - the part i'm after is the PUSH sensor - i dont need the whole unit, just the sensor end

Do Not Sell My Personal Information