1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Reverse Shift (1299/r) Kit

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by J0n3s, May 27, 2016.

1. #1 J0n3s, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  2. Just an aside, when you get the Panigale R and had a chance to ride it, I'd appreciate a comparison write up with the 1199R. Andy

3. Will do :)

4. Useful thread here on another forum from someone who's reversed the shift. They say 2mm needs to be removed from the quickshifter to gear shaft arm if you just get the wiring. The kit above includes the modified shaft arm.

5. Not sure what you mean by 'polarity'...
    There are two separate micro-switches under the cover on the gear selector rod, one for up shifts and the other for downshifts. If you fit the Ducati kit which inverts the arm on the end of the gear selector pivot, the switches will work the other way around. The ECU needs to know that this has been done, so the wiring loom swaps the switches over.

6. I'd thought it was two cables but you're right it's three.

7. Just done this on my bike,
    I just flipped the linkage on the box (i had to machine it a little to gain clearance on the frame) I just changed the cables over in the plug, once i worked out how the connector works it was easy. its only a pair of switches.

works great on the stand, just waiting for that salt free day to test it out.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information