1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rob

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by bigmike, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Hello I m the new guy life biker I restore bikes since my spine injury never use Chiropractors,
    I v restored my late sons 996. I'm now working on a 1995 600ss . Ill do anything I can get never thought Id say this but since the injury cost me my great job (see my book Another exciting day google it) I miss it big hole to fill.

Big mike

IMG_20150625_140908112_HDR.jpg

SAM_1576.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi Mike, you will fit right in here:upyeah:

This could turn into quite a surreal thread - you have titled it 'Rob' and you are about to be called 'Dave'.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ops at 63 I'm slow on the techy stuff , Mmm my cat was called Dave

4. Hi Steve and welcome into the mad house
    The locals will be along shortly crazy lot

I see you like restoring the best and fastest colour :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I once worked at Alvins in Edinburgh back in 1999 changing timing belts, I once wrote off an original 916 1999 chasing a bike thief unfortunately for him he choose the 60 mile route I rode home on every day I forced him off the rode on the 90 mph bend on sutra hill. I was fired, he went to hospital

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. that is some story Pete, how long did you have to chase him before "that bend"? I was going to say you could've taken his number plate but nah.. that wouldn't work would it…

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Welcome Rob :D:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Nice one Rob, welcome

9. from Edinburgh centre to the hill 10 miles at a guess, he was on another 916 which ended up at the bottom of the hill. I managed to stop, the manager at the Caferemill pub near by called the cops. Adrenalin rush I guess I was wild and stupid back then. The cops once chased me for 30 miles on the same road a few months later I was unaware of it or Id of stopped a tractor stopped across the road in Duns brought me to a halt a cop showed up in a BMW a few mins later boy did I pay for that. 5 year ban £1000 fine. I'm sure I v I v grown up now. Its Mike by the way.

excitingday.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Welcome along and keep the stories coming :tearsofjoy:

11. Just the thought of you pursuing another 916 at (literally) breakneck speed in a real life situation makes any "The Matrix Reloaded" footage totally redundant by comparison.

I know you are Mike, Mike - our jail master usually appears early in a new member introduction thread and greets you by the name "Dave". By posting earlier I have frightened him off and the whole thing has backfired (-:

12. 'Steve' clearly Robs called Mike ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome Dave:)

14. Boom :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. That year I rode that 60 mile route from Berwick to Alvin's Edinburgh twice a day so I knew the route well plus virtually no traffic the a697 from Duns then the a68 at Cafraemill.
    Alas Alvins folded a great shop
    Since my spine injury and being incredibly bored I wrote a book about my Job, well I tried to LOL see attached

flyer1049.jpg

16. My Angel would be my late son Samuel he's with me when I take out his 996.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. throbbing member great name lol:smiley:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information