1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi disappointed with Ducati spell

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by Ducati News, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Different bike. Lets see what next year brings hey . Poor old Dovi

2. If I have to I'll print this page off and eat it this time next year. Can't see it though. As much as I love him, I don't think he can compete with the likes of Lorenzo and pedrosa now.

3. You guys remember a certain HRC that are doing so well the last two seasons, anyone remember HRC poaching top Ducati technicians?
    Writing was on the wall then.
    As to Rossi, the best ever and I mean ever. I just hope he has the hunger......

4. Do you mean a lot of stoners crew that went with stoner?

5. At least some wise words. Cant waitto go to the british gp and see Rossi whip arse.

6. Aaaahhh, you poor deluded fool !!! :wink: :biggrin: :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kiwihame disappointed with Rossi spell!

• Like Like x 1
  8. rossi my all time favorite rider, would love him to win 2013 title, yes think he still has it, but think this is how it will play out when it concludes

Jorge Lorenzo = winner
    Valentino Rossi = 2nd
    Dani Pedrosa =3rd
    Cal Crutchlow = 4th
    Stefan Bradl = 5th

will be interesting to see how bradley smith does too, think he could surprize, good team/ good bike in tech 3 team , top 8 finish?

roll on new season, come on rossi!

9. Hmm, what about Marquez as an outside bet to sneak into the top 5?

• Like Like x 1
  10. just a guess:

DP
    JL 3 pts diff
    VR 4 pts diff
    MM 15 pts diff
    CC 20 pts diff

:)

god, with Stoner still there, now that would have been a Line up....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Toby Moody was reporting that the Ducati had the same throttle connection at Valencia last month as when Rossi got on the bike in 2010 for the first time, despite him asking for it to be changed in 2011.

I think that says it all really.

12. what do you mean by throttle connection?

13. Being honest since 2008 Ducati struggled trying to put in place something really new, and near perfect on the paper, but... the world wasn't built in paper. I really prise Ducati, despite beeing in all (including people at the factory gate) smaller than HRC dept, doing something so dare... but it didn't worked. Ducati hadn't in house who built the frame, the partner with someone and doing new things means start again form scratch.

Rossi more than once said they didn't do what he really asked for, sticking on their conviction ... They start moving back to a more "standard" schema that is totally new for them, they won with their verlicchi tube-frame - when they just started to made the engine part of the frame itself...

Let them work and see if they got their lesson learn; talking about Rossi, you can't win 9 titles without being really great, if he's still hunger as I think we'll see him on top again

14. I guess he meant throttle grip to fuel injectors.

15. i think the drive to alu frames is a major major mistake.!

it was a panic ' we have no clue' -move!

how can you beat your frame/engine/swingarm magician competitors trying ot build a frame roun an engine that is built not to need one!

it is technically impossible not to find a solution to the not twisting under lean thing..

instead if trying to build the impossible they should have continued on the frameless option.
    The moment they do find the solution, it would open up a new realm for biking in general..

it must have to do with the mounting blocks where the engine joins the 'frame'

And why can't they get the swingarm settled? that is not new to them...

16. No long until the 1st Jan when JB and VR's ducati gag's are removed!
    Yamaha will milk this for all it's worth :upyeah:

17. Like many on here, I think Rossi is one of the best, if not the best, rider ever....

I do wonder, however, whether he's just a bit too old now (aka past it)...remember that guy called Schumacher ?

Whatever happens, I wish him well - I remember really exciting races with between Rossi and Gibernau that had us on the edge of our seats, whereas now it just seems to much like a procession (just like in F1) - we've turned to the TT and Rallying for excitement now...

18. how could he see or tell that?

OK if he means cable then he could see that. However if he has been told something about fly by wire then its just that been told.....and then by who?

19. like at jerez where he rammed into Gibernau to stop for the turn.........come to think of it he had a bit of a habit of ramming others particularly when they are in the lead at jerez....

• Like Like x 1
  20. Exactly like that lol.....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information