1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 S 2013-2014 Termignoni Up Map Key Parts No.?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Peter Kjær, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Sorry to bother you guys but I've searched and looked everywhere and it seems like nobody in the whole wide world ever had the need to order one of these UP MAP KEYS that looks like a USB-stick (but isn't!)
    I bought a complete exhaust system for a 2010-2012 bike - meaning there was a "ordinary" CPU coming with it. For my 2013 unfortunately - I need a UP MAP KEY but my dealer dosen't know (or dosen't want to.....) how to find the parts no for the KEY.
    Can any body who has this key or who knows how to find the number please write it here?
    I know that full system for 2010-2012 har the part no. 96459510B, but I don't know if the newer bike had another parts number or how it differs?

Thank you in advance
    Peter

2. My understanding is that these bikes didn't have an upmap key, but an actual replacement ECU.
    I have a 2012 with the complete Termi system as well and it came with a Ducati "Race" ECU.
    However ... instead of trying to track an ECU down it would be easier and cheaper to just remap your existing unit. I actually do not use my Termi Race ECU as Ive had my stock ECU remapped with a custom tune from Rexxer.

You can look up Rexxer, CJ's or Tune Boy(my least favorite just due to sporadic support). and accomplish all you need and have a much more sorted remap and possibly even push button cruise control.

on another note here is a picture of my 2012 on one of these beautiful 60 degree winter days.

IMG_0392.JPG

3. Thank you Dennis :)
    The 2013-2014 had an USB-like UP MAP KEY instead of the "normal" ECU like you have. My system came with that ECU but it's of no use. I've also considered the Rexxer way but am a bit concerned about the "unoriginal" part of it and should I ever want to sell the exhaust system without the bike (or vice versa) it would prob. be easier with the ECU/UP MAP KEY to go with the exhaust......
    Do you actually have knowledge about the Rexxer map being better than the Termi map? Can I actually chose a Rexxer map which suits the Termi full system perfect?

#3 Peter Kjær, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017

4. Having ridden both back to back I can absolutely tell you that the Rexxer reflash of my stock ecu absolutely decimates the factory "Race Map ECU"
    I thought it was good, and then the rexxer map made it either insane or brilliant depending on how far you are willing to twist the throttle.
    I can't say enough good about it .
    I also had the Tune Boy setup on my previous Multistrada and the rexxer is much better than any of the "provided" tunes with that system

5. Wauwwww - that sounds great Dennis - maybe I should just forget all about original stuff and go for it on this one :tongueclosed:
    Thanks for your input - much appreciated!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information