1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT S 2016 Vs S 2017 - Differences

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Panosher, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Hello!

Does anyone knows if there are any differences/improvements on the 2017 DVT S model, besides the addition of the the Gray color?

Reason I am asking is that I am about to order either the 2017 model or a 2016 in a good deal that I have found. Both new!

Thank you!

2. New airbox on the 2017 for alleged more mid range, though the 2016 is hardly lacking and the hill start feature though late 2016 bikes may already have that.

3. From what I've seen there isn't much that's new on the 2017 model:

The Ducati Multistrada 1200 will have a new air intake for 2017.
    While not a major update, this could have some serious performance ramifications. The Multistrada 1200 is also receiving what Ducati literature describes as “new engine settings” intended to optimize mid-range performance. [From ultimatemotorcycling.com]

Regarding the hill start feature, which Ducati call Vehicle Hold Control (VHC), I've not seen any mention of this being on any Multistrada 1200 model other than the Enduro. Seems strange that Ducati have left this feature enabled on the other 1200 models (S and Standard?) when they could follow Audi's lead and charge to have features enabled at additional cost.

4. VHC? holy shit I thought that was what a rear brake was for? I guess I'm getting old?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Definately get the S version for LED lights, buy the fog-lights & any extras you should ask for a 10% discount & free fitting.

6. Perfect! Thank you all!

I am not interesting at Vehicle Hold Control (VHC), although good to have, but the fix on the midrange I think it worths the money difference.

Regarding VHC, if I am not wrong, it is only available on the enduro version

7. Currently only the 1200enduro has it. I use it occasionally on mine but when on a hill I'm instinictively covering the rear brake. Takes some trust to leave the bike doing the holding..

8. Offroad on the Endure this makes total sense, as on a hill it may be that holding bike and rear brake are not possible

On the road maybe a nice to have for those of us with less inside seam ;)

9. I have it on my 2016 S, found it by accident, it's a great feature, I have 31" inseam, it's not mentioned in my manual at all

10. So not to get in a heated debate, just an observation, but if you have short legs aint you better off only putting one foot down? that leaves the other foot to hold the brake on, it will also help you to lean one way so you can reach the floor? I know as part of the Advanced Riding training he advises you to always keep your foot on the rear brake when at a stand still, it's a bit of a pain to be honest because you have to do a kinda dance to put it in gear if you've been at traffic lights or a stop junction.

11. This doesn't effect me, though I can imagine it being troublesome if you were stopped at a busy junction, two up, fully loaded panniers plus top box on a steep hill. Those with shorter legs would be tip toeing to keep the bike as vertical as possible. Think I'd appreciate any kind of technical assistance. Mines a 2010 version from the steam age!

12. That's exactly what you do. Except if camber only allows the right foot down or means you have to lean far enough off to not reach the rear brake as it's also tucked away. Off road I could see there being a regular problem where on the road you can normally avoid easy enough

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. don't like the rear brake position at all, in my opinion it needs to be slightly higher and longer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. And wider, so you don't have to turn your foot in to use it

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. You sound just like my wife. She's for ever moaning about the same thing. :Arghh:

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. That's what she said.

17. Damn beat me to it.

18. At the bmw off road stand at the bike show they taught that if you're short in the leg you should slow down till you stop, keep it in gear and with the clutch in, slide your bum of the left hand side of the seat, keep your right leg on the right peg, with your left leg on the floor. When you're ready to set off just let out the clutch and reposition yourself on the seat and away you go :)

19. Exactly how it's done :) Except if at lights that may take s while, then it's the hop game.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information