1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT S 2016 Vs S 2017 - Differences

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Panosher, Nov 21, 2016.

1. not sure I like the 4.8% price hike though :( on Ducs this year

The new Air Box, that is one thin I would like to know a lot about, I wonder if it might help with the oil burning issues?

2. What is your opinion on matte volcano grey colour?
    Would you prefer matte or not and why?

Would you prefer to get the 2017 model or a brand new discounted 2016?

3. Not a fan of matte at all

4. Got the VHC on my 2017 spec bike and love it. The position of the rear brake pedal and my 30" inside leg just make life easier with it.
    Lovin this bike but just wish it was spring rather than winter so I could go for longer rides.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. not impressed with the grey bike , it isn't black and it isn't black
    dream machine want a grand to paint my bike black :astonished:

6. Thanks for your replies! I ve ordered a 2016 S in red! So happy!

7. Grats, everyone knows red ones are faster

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I bought a new 1200S in October & also found by accident that if you give the front brake a big squeeze at traffic lights you get a hill hold light. This is great for stabilising the bike on a slight slope while I fiddle with my visor or Bluetooth etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice one! I will try it.

10. A description of Vehicle Hold Control (VHC) is now included in the 2017 owner's manual for the 1200S and 1200 models, it wasn't in the 2016 manual. Strange that the latest brochure and web pages for the 1200S & 1200 models don't mention it as a feature.

Page 151 of the 1200S manual / Page 120 of the 1200 manual (UK language version):

Vehicle Hold Control
    The Multistrada 1200 ABS is provided with the Vehicle Hold Control (VHC). This system, when activated, keeps the vehicle at a standstill by quickly activating the rear brake. The system allows the user to enjoy a more comfortable restart while just having to control the clutch and throttle pressure. This function is activated when the user, with a bike at a standstill and with folded side stand, applies a high pressure on the front or rear brake lever. Upon its activation, according to the vehicle status, the system calculates and applies a pressure to the rear system by acting on the pump and the ABS control unit valves. The system can be activated at all ABS levels except when the ABS is OFF, and its activation is indicated by the VHC warning light. The warning light will start blinking when the VHC system will be about to release the rear brake pressure and thus to stop keeping the vehicle at standstill: pressure will be decreased gradually.

This function is disabled when the user starts or pulls the front brake lever twice in close sequence or after 9 seconds from the activation, or when the user opens the side stand.

Warning: The system can not be compared with a parking brake: during its activation we recommend keeping your hands on the handlebar in order to take control of the vehicle as soon as the system is disabled.

Warning: The system can be activated only if the ABS is not in fault or in the initialisation phase or in degraded operation: when the ABS system is in fault, the ABS warning light is steady, whereas when the ABS system is in the initialisation phase or in degraded operation, the ABS warning light blinks.

The 2017 parts catalogues haven't been put up the Ducati website yet, so it's not possible to identify which parts have changed, specifically around the air box.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information