1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Sat Nav Mount

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Joolsroper, Apr 22, 2017.

1. I ordered the Ducati sat nav Mount weeks ago with a delivery date of 21st April. Didn't arrive and told 5 May now...if I'm lucky. Fingers crossed. Hoping it'll fit my TomTom Rider!

2. I have a Navilhalter and it fits perfect on my Tom Tom 400

3. It looks very similar to a Navihalter, which I have installed but I'm not impressed by the tendency for it to bounce around due to vibration at low engine rpm. I was hoping the new Ducati mount was a little more refined.

4. To stop the movement - I fitted an extra screen bolt and grommet at the centre of the screen - so it screwed into the position where the Navi Halter screw is.

This holds mechanism better and reduced vibration considerably.

I also added extra spacers to move up and out the Nav to see the warning lights on instruments.

20160902_183330_resized.jpg
    20160902_183339_resized.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Saw this outside smc sheff today had an R&G sticker on it? Any ideas ? Have emailed R&G hopefully they won't just say that they do sell stickers

IMG_5190.JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. That looks like a Navihalter mount, probably just a sticker

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I've just ordered a ducati one now I've found it on their website. Back log of orders apparently on it tho

8. I'm using a gopro mount on the side pillar of the wind screen.
    Then I use another one on the back side of my phone cover and it's done.
    Stable, reliable and easily fitting any mount....
    I will put some pics asap.
    L's

• Wipe Wipe x 1
  9. Pics mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. My Ducati satnav Mount arrived. Thought it fitted the TomTom Rider 410 but it doesn't unless I'm missing something? Would have to drill through the back of the sat nav bracket so I can screw it into the back of the ram mount.

11. I have had some difficulties with my Ducati mount, the pattern of the screw fixings does not fit the Garmin mount, I thought it was my BMW mount and bought a standard garmin motercycle mount, however it was the same pattern. I have resorted to getting a friend to make a small adaptor plate to fit between. All good now, but it is very strange why it's not a standard fit. Tom Tom use ram mount fixings, so not sure what's going on.

12. still waiting for my sat nav mount 12 weeks now, get your f*^%$(g finger out Vindis peterboro!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Hi, I am collecting my new MTS on Friday and I got one of these mounts last week, quick question, what does the screw on the front of the mount actually screw into? Is there a hole where it fits on the screen adjuster? Cheers

14. The screw at the front expands and holds against the screen bracket, Make sure you fit the silver metal l bracket to the front first so the screw expands and fits against it.
    Hope this helps

16. I'm sure that makes sense to you but a picture of what you mean would be really helpful. I thought I had missing parts but it just seems that I'm not installing it properly.

The screw on the front expands? Expanding screws? Fit silver plate first? That small curved part, ok but where exactly?

17. Sorry but I am away from my bike for the next week, hence no picture

18. Got my ducati mount fitted now, came across same problem as others that it doesn't fit older Garmin Zumos but will work round that. So thanks very much for offer JimVee but should be good for Europe trip now. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Good stuff mate, currently using mine in Amiens doing the WW1 sites

20. No worries I figured it out. All fitted

Do Not Sell My Personal Information