1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Sc Project Exhaust Fitted

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Furyous, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Much better....although I don't think the CRT's come with a baffle...meaning youre at the mercy of the MOT man!!

2. Thanks for the headsup, the M821 is going in exchange for the M1200R, but its good to know there may be an option, just a bit anal about possible fuelling damage to the engine. Bristol is not a million miles away from me either.

3. Chris is a magician... Mines going back in soon as velocity stacks are just about to go on...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

4. Put it this way.... Take it to Chris and when you ride after its been reflashed it'll feel like a new bike....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. It also isn't Type Approved / Road Legal, which can be problematic/risky re. insurance.

#26 Furyous, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  6. It is possible to reprogram the ECU.
    Hyside M/C told me termi are generally happy to sell their upmap on its own (though how well it will work with other end cans I have no idea) or failing that there is a company called Rexxer. They produce bespoke upmaps. See their site for a list of dealers with the gubbings to upload it to the bike.
    Again I know Hyside are one, along with Aylesbury, Coventry, Italia Moto and a few others. It's about 200 notes to produce and upload a map.

7. Chris is 425. But as well as a custom fuel mapping you get the flapper valve removal, o2 sensor disconnection, 500rpm on the red line and reduced engine braking. There may be other stuff but from recollection that's what he did to my hyper. Money well spent as no extra boxes had to be added. Nice and clean and less wiring on the bike.

Just to add as a comparison my z1ooo was also done by Chris as above but with some more mods that are/were exclusive to the zed... A lad over in the states does a pre-programmed package (with the same features) but my custom map puts out about 4bhp more than the reflashed unit.

Another lad over has done a exactly the same as me and ironically bought the reflashed unit first and confirmed as he had the dyno pull before and after.... I would say if you want the absolute best then a custom map is the way to go.... Just do all you engine mods first.

#28 comfysofa, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  8. FWIW Arrow have released their slip-on...

Arrow - Ducati MONSTER 1200 R 2016

Different materials and end caps so varying prices (under £400 for aly £600ish for titanium/carbon).

Some of them look do tasty

Still waiting for Akra to pull their finger out.

9. Went for an SC in the end :grinning: worry about any mapping next year, not too worried about any power increase in that regard, as long as I can tell the insurance it is cosmetic they are happy.

10. Blimey that was quick its here, just no bike to fit it to yet :)

11. I go for termi solely for the map key. I ride my bike hard and do not want that fear of it running lean and doing some engine damage.

If the termi map is available sold on its own then I'd suggest you all go for it.

I can't imagine Ducati covering a melted piston under warranty if you have can without an approved map.

12. Hehe, I feel if I ride this bike that hard on the road I will either end up in prison or in a coffin ;) its a pleasure to ride restricted to 6k TBH, in touring mode too :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Took a ride on my new monster 1200R yesterday...... Just done 100 miles breaking in....
    The dealership mentioned "don't be afraid to grab a handful at the lights every now and then when running in, good for it to have a range of engine work".

Was in north Wales yesterdsy, in "touring Mode" and grabbed a handful in second..... That clock and bars suddenly get much closer to your face wit just a quick twist of the right hand :tongueout::tongueout::tongueout:

#34 flatairbag, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Which SC can did you get?

15. Monster 2018 mods-1.jpg Sc-Project Carbon Conic with Rexxer flash.

#36 DarR, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  16. i have just read this thread, i bought mark f's bike it only had 2,500 mies on it he didn't mention that it had been reflashed. does anyone know how i can find out if it has or if it needs doing

17. His "For Sale" ad was explicit about a valve change under warranty which demonstrate details.
    Not likely flashed as he would have mentioned it here:
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/ducati-monster-1200r-2016.70418/

I have had mine flashed by Rexxer with good results. It shows "Racing" upon boot-up. Not sure if they do that for all the flashes.
    On this note, Termignoni UpMap is finally available for the Monster 1200. You may want to check this out as unlike Rexxer, you don't have to ship your ECU to have it flashed.
    Two maps are available for 1200 Monster 2017~18. Ask them about a 2016 "R". Best guess is that one of the two maps below should work as the 16 "R" has the same ECU and engine specs to the new models.
    https://www.up-map.it/en/t800/
    http://store.up-map.it/en/store/261-link_rewrite_249.html
    http://store.up-map.it/en/store/262-link_rewrite_250.html

#38 DarR, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  18. thanks for the links :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information