1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrambler Seat

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Ace, Jun 11, 2016.

1. I like that!
    I might have to get Tony Archer to make one for me, at half the price

• Like Like x 1
  2. Though one benefit of the Sargent seat is that they provide a new underseat tray that is not as tall as the original, allowing them to have thicker padding on the seat. That was my reason for getting one, comfort as opposed to just looks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. A few more miles sat on the Sargent and it is in a different comfort league to the oem seat, could actually do decent distances with my bottom comfily parked now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I took Neil's icon fitted with the Italia seat for a ride, 100% better than the icon seat, I was in pidcocks yesterday , compared the icon seat to the Italia seat , Italia seat is identical in shape but much firmer, so either they've used firmer foam in the Italia or the leather covering makes the seat less compliant, I doubt they've used different foam on cost grounds so I guess the covering is providing extra support to the foam, so it's not that the icon seat is too hard, it's too bloody soft!,allowing your posterior to sink down too close to the seat base I guess, anyway I should get my icon before the end of September and I'll then have to spend a further £260 on an Italia seat , which is a pain in the arse! (avoided), that's all, ta tah!.

5. Did a 160 ml round trip today first longish run since fitting the comfort seat on my FT what a difference really comfortable

• Like Like x 1
  6. Comfort seat for sale sold the FT waiting for cafe racer to be delivered

7. Hey guys, should i switch from the icon seat to the full throttle seat? Does it make sense, or is it just another look ,but the same from the inside?

Gesendet von meinem LG-H840 mit Tapatalk

8. i saw on another thread that someone had cut out the tool kit recess and said that improved comfort, I still have my original Icon seat (having subsequently fitted an Italia leather seat) so decided to try it, I cut around the edge of the toolkit recess with a small rotary cutting disc and removed the recess moulding, then put in approx 20mm thick foam sheet to fill the recess, then cut some 3mm tough vinyl sheet approx 15mm bigger than the recess and glued (with Sikaflex) and pop riveted it to the seat base, so now instead of having a toolkit recess in the seat base it is flat, great improvement!, the seat is much more comfortable and doesn't push you forward as much, I covered the new panel with masking tape and went for a ride so that I could check to see if any witness marks were made on the masking tape due to any contact with components under the seat, I found one slight mark where the corner of the ECU had rubbed, only slight but the ECU is on soft mounts to protect it from vibration so contact isn't good, I cut a 15mm dia hole in the vinyl panel that corresponds with the witness mark , replaced the masking tape and rode again, on return no witness marks so problem fixed, I am now going to do the same to my Italia seat, it's a definite improvement and worth a try before going to the expense of buying a new seat, sorry no photos as I've found almost impossible to upload them to this forum!.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information