1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrambler Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by jonathan stevens, Jul 23, 2016.

1. My tyres are due for replacement soon, does anyone have any reccomendations,Im happy with the original ones very grippy and have had over 5000 miles on them has anyone tried any alternatives?

2. Pirelli Angel GT, takes the bike to another level, aesthetically some don't like street tyres on a scrambler..........

• Like Like x 1
  3. I agree that the MT60s are grippy but the rear only lasted 2,700 miles for me. That's probably the least miles I've got out of a rear tyre on any bike, ever! The front isn't far away from needing replaced too.
    I've put an Avon Storm 3D XM on the rear and will be putting a matching front on soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thread moved

5. I'm running Conti Roadattacks on mine. Really seem to suit the bike. Turn in and feel from the front is much better.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hi @Derek

How did you get on with the Avon Storm?

Need to replace my MT60 on my Scrambler 1100.. (2000 miles rear and 4000 on front) so looking at a few alternatives

Angel GT
    Conti Road Attack 3
    Avon Storm 3D XM

THANKS

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. The Avon is now up to 5,000 miles and still has a lot of life in it, maybe another couple of thousand. It has lasted loads longer than the OEM Pirelli. The Avon is very grippy in the dry but I've managed to spin it up a couple of times in the wet so might look at something else next time.
    The front Pirelli lasted to 5,200 and I also changed that to an Avon Storm 3D XM. It now has about 2,300 miles on it and the wear is barely noticeable.

#7 Derek, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  8. OK

Thanks - dont ride in the wet .. but have been caught out a few times... will give the Avon a miss...

Think it will be the Conti Road Attack 3...

THANKS

Do Not Sell My Personal Information