1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Scratched Termi, Help With Chain Tension Please

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Daniel Howes, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Evening guys... Hope your all enjoying the sun this week and brushing those cob webs off your bikes ready for summer!
    This might be a bit of a numb question but I'm having a few difficulties adjusting my chain. I brought the bike from Laguna ducati in Kent a couple of months ago and only done 130 miles since owning due to the sh*t weather. When cleaning it down the other night I noticed a mark on the top of one of my termi cans like the chain had caught it somehow. It wasn't touching but seemed a bit slack. I measured it tonight as per the manual and it was about 5mm out of tolerance. I've checked the manual when adjusting it but I think it is now a bit tight. I am unsure as I don't know how much pressure to apply on the top of the chain when measuring from the swingarm down. Also I wondered if the tolerances on the chain changed when having the termi's fitted due to the size of the cans etc.
    ?. ..Fingers crossed Steve at Laguna is sorting out my exhaust issue under warranty as I paid for the termis to be fitted when purchasing the bike...can't say I'm very happy though to be honest. 130 miles, the chains too slack and it's scratched the top of the cans I paid £1500 for!!

IMG_6230.JPG IMG_6232.JPG

2. Tighten to book spec but then get someone sat on it to load the suspension to do final check, if it's bow string tight then you've gone too far with the adjustment.

To be fair there's not a lot of room for manoeuvre, looks very close to the silencer!.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information