1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screeching Clutch

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by Baldyboy, Jan 10, 2015.

1. When I bought my 851 it had been stood for a few months but does have full history etc when I test rode it and have ridden it subsequently occasionally when letting the clutch out it screeches like a banshee. As it's currently bedded up for the winter I am going to look at it. Any advice?

2. strip inspect clean.
    some cars do this most with no detrimental affect, with the cost of removing a car gear box no body ever bothers unless under warranty.

3. Thanks fin

4. not much help, i know, but just waiting for the kettle to boil. busy man me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You might want to try out this thread on Ducati.ms about Lithium Grease treatment. Many have used this and swear by it, and I'm about to do mine this coming week (whilst the wife's at work and can't object to my using the oven...) :Angelic:

6. Thanks just read all 23 pages definitely with a try. The Swedish guy who originally posted it says just put it on and wipe off no need for the oven. My save any marital issues

7. I always know when its time for a clutch clean up when my 1198 sounds like a wounded rhinoceros if I try a quick get away :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information