1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Screen Rattle

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by welderman, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Hi guys is it just me, on slow roughish roads my screen rattles like mad, on the motorway its fine as the wind presses against it. This will drive me nuts if i cant sort it :Banghead:

2. Wear Earplugs ;)

3. OK - Seriously - no issue with rattling on mine - is it the mechanism? as the screen itself is on rubber grommets.

4. Everything rattles on mine, from the engine, to the carbon front mudguard to the Ohlins forks - thought it was all part of the charisma?

5. Definitely the mechanism.

6. Didnt notice anything on mine. I wear earplugs

7. Mine got loose and the left hand bolt inside the mechanism fell out somewhere between LA Rochelle and Calais
    Had to duct tape on
    I replaced the bolt and made a bit of plastic to work as the guider now OK.

If there is play in the screen take it to a dealer and get it sorted took me an hour to fix and was a pain in the arse luckily for me it was on the side without the 12 v socket as that seems impossible to reach.
    Hope this helps

8. Nice one thanks, off to the dealers i think.

9. Mine has started to rattle now :(

10. Mine rattles with the large screen, I checked all the DVT's when I was at the dealers and about half rattled and half didn't...

Pikes peak screen if fine.

11. Yep, low-ish speeds there is a really annoying rattle from the mechanism if I have the screen in its lowest setting. Ive now got an MRA screen on and have it raised slightly and the rattle doesn't seem as noticeable.

12. Mine rattled and was sorted at first service. The dealer said it was a common problem and there was a fix for it which involved changing a rubber bush. I've not had the problem since. I suggest you take to the dealer as a warranty issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hi
    I am from mumbai
    Have the same issue
    The dealers here are not helpful
    Can you please specify which rubber bush did your dealer change so i can explain to mine
    Thanks

14. My rubber bushing on the sliding rod went missing causing rattle. Fixed under warranty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. super glued mine a year ago , not made a noise since

16. I think the bush in question was originally plastic, or at least mine is, and they must be replacing them with rubber ones. Makes total sense. Mines been super-glued for ages now and after 7000 miles is totally vibe free.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Plz can u post a pic where do i need to apply super glue

18. I superglued mine as well and it fixed it. As far as I remember the glue goes into the edge of the ball below where the metal rod comes out. Worked perfectly.
    Maybe someone can share a picture?

19. THanks a lot
    The dealer told he will have a look at it still if nothing helps will do this

20. I had a rattle on mine almost immediately. Worst when doing a bit of 'off road' (OFF ROAD, are you insane?!).
    Well it's nice to see that Ducati (hopefully) have an upgraded bush but for me I stopped the rattle with some Silkolene Pro Race Chain lube.
    I raised the screen to expose the rod, sprayed it with a tiny amount of lube, job done.
    I used Pro Chain because it's clear lube. It may have made the slide action a little stiffer (obviously) but no rattle in the last 2K :grinning:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information