1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Screen Rattle

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by welderman, Aug 3, 2015.

1. I just feel somewhere something is lose in there
    Will update u once i get a permanent fix

Screenshot_2017-01-16-00-14-52.png

Screenshot_2017-01-16-00-04-46.png

Screenshot_2017-01-16-00-03-43.png

2. It's is easy to check if its the fit in the plastic bush , hold the screen whilst the bike is running and it should stop the noise , if it does its the play in the bush , hence the glue , you can't even tell its glued either , it just doesn't make the noise anymore.
    I was also dubious about glueing my £16,500 brand new motorcycle :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I agree, I found that about half the bikes in the dealers had the problem and half didn't. The glue certainly stopped the issue.

4. Yes super glue solves the issue
    Has to pe applied in the right place though
    The small plastic holding the rod and not on the rod
    Dealer couldnt help!!
    Forum helped :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. sealant.jpg
    Unfortunately...reading some of the comments on here...this is the reason I do not work in the bike trade any longer....
    It's a Ducati !!! Of course it rattles!! Just ride the bloody thing !! :Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ohhhh ! Tetchy :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LOL...weeeeelll!!!

8. Hi, today riding on motorway about 150 KPM my front fairing came loose. I have a slightly larger screen (puig). The fairing dropped a bit and clocks were loose. Upon inspection the fairing came out of the rubber socket thingy which I got back into place. Doesn't seem a very secure fit and no doubt will happen again. May have to use the superglue fix

9. The superglue trick works, just put a drop at the bottom of the black plastic ball (not the metal shaft)

10. I have the same issue. It started about a week ago and is super distracting. The bottom part of the rod seems like it is not connected to anything. If I remove the headlight fairing, will I be able to see where the bottom part of the rod is supposed to be inserted? I can't tell from any diagrams or videos where the bottom of the rod goes. If anyone has any photos I'd greatly appreciate it. It looks like I'll have to take the tank fairing and gas tank off the bike to remove get to the bolts that hold the headlight fairing on. Sound right or is there another way to apply this superglue trick? Thanks for any help.

11. I took off the fairings to check out what was causing the rattle. The bottom of the windscreen rod is supposed to be inserted into a "ball joint". There was no ball joint or bushing on my bike. It must have fallen out at some point. Does anyone know if this is a part that can be ordered or if there's a similar part that will do the job? The specific piece I'm talking about is blue in the attached photo.

IMG_0828.PNG

12. My bush fell out also. The dealer ordered that part and replaced under warranty. I added silicone when I got home.

13. Never noticed the rattle until I read this post, yup, it rattles lol!

14. I noticed mine rattling within 1 minute of collecting it from the dealer. It resonated with certain road surfaces and engine revs. There was the tiniest amount of play in the ball joint. The screen acted like a solid spruce soundboard from a Martin guitar, amplifying the noise beautifully so that I could hear it above the engine noise. I returned the bike and the stripped it down and replaced the ball joint ant stainless steel shaft. Sorted for now.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information