1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Seat In Low Position

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Gary Brister, Jan 21, 2017.

1. I've taken out the spacers under the seat to reduce the seat height as per the instructions in the manual but now there's a gap between the top of the riders seat and the bottom edge of the pillion seat and the rubber feet on the front of the pillion seat are not resting on the front seat. I see in the manual it references an "elastic support" which I think is the plastic support that goes across the front of the pillion seat, I've fitted that but there's still a gap. Any ideas on if I'm doing something wrong or if there's a part missing would be gratefully received especially as I've ordered the accessory low seat which my even make the gap bigger.

Thanks guys.

2. Yes, probably. A photo or two would make it easier to tell what the problem is.

My seat is on low at the moment, by the way, and the parts fit reasonably well.

3. What he said
    tt

4. Thanks guys, I'll take some tomorrow.

5. It sounds as though your missing the infill spacer for the pillion and drivers seat.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have fitted the plastic strip across the front of the pillion seat but there's still a gap. Also the riders seat seems to flex downwards when weight is put on it which increases the gap.

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

7. Doesn't look like the driver's seat is fitting flush. It's a bit of a trick to seat properly.

8. The seat is clearly not fitting in position properly. You need to fiddle with it some more until it all clicks into place.

9. Hi fellas, thanks for your input.
    Due to a bit of a setback with my shoulder surgery recovery I hadn't fiddled with the seat any further until today. Unfortunately despite lots of fitting and removing both the standard and accessory low seat I cant get it to sit down nicely. I have gaps along both sides and between the top of riders and bottom of pillion seats. I certainly wouldn't dare get a hose anywhere near it as I can see that under the seat would get soaked.

I've made sure the seat is all the way in the slides and that it's sitting correctly on the steel post on the N/S but neither seat will sit any lower. I truly am baffled.

10. is the infill spacer an extra or is it hidden somewhere under the seat.

Regards Steve

• Like Like x 1
  11. The infill spacer that goes at the front bottom edge of the pillion seat is supplied with the bike and I've fitted it.

What seems strange is that there's a gap along the sides of the front seat suggesting the seat is sitting higher than it should and yet there's a gap between the top edge of the front seat and the bottom front edge of the rear seat suggesting the front seat is sitting too low. I'm absolutely baffled.

12. I will try and have a look at mine tomorrow when I get back from work and see if I can work out whats going on.

13. Cheers, much appreciated. I'd love it if someone turned round and said I was being a pratt and that there was a straightforward answer.

14. Some more pics if they make sense!

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0652.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. Are you sure that all that extra wiring isn't stopping the front of your seat sitting down correctly.

16. Here's mine on the low setting: IMG_0914.JPG IMG_0913.JPG IMG_0912.JPG IMG_0911.JPG IMG_0910.JPG IMG_0909.JPG

17. You've not uploaded a shot of the underside of the driver's seat. Having looked at mine, can I ask, taking off the driver's seat and turning it over - do you now have six vacant screw holes? If not, you should have.

18. Funnily enough I thought the same thing and so after taking the photo I tucked the wiring down so it was lower than the standard bits an pieces but it made no difference. Thanks for your input though, I'm really grateful.

19. Yes, I have the six vacant screw holes from where I removed the front and side plastic bearers. Thanks for your reply, any and all suggestions are gratefully received.

20. Drat I'd hoped that might be an easy answer for you. :-(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information