1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Service But Not Valve Clearances?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Lel Howard, Apr 21, 2017.

1. 5 year service is oil, filters, belts etc, regardless of mileage.

Valve clearance's are at 15,000 mile, regardless of age. If you do 15,000 mile in the first year, then you do the valves in the first year. If it takes 10 years to do 15,000 mile, then the valves are done at 10 years.

2. Ah, ok, so I'm only at 11,200 and it will take a couple of years to hit 15 so no need for valves yet :)

3. Great news, Stuart and Rochdale Honda has stepped up to the plate. When he phoned CMC in Manchester they quoted £800 but he knows one of their ex head engineers who now works somewhere else and they are going to do the belts, valves and plugs for £350... I'm happy and means hassle free riding for many miles and years :) ....... hopefully

4. £350 is a massive result, that normally only covers the 5 year belts and oil etc

If they are doing the valves as well, then happy days. Only cheap oil services for the next 4 years.

5. Yep, all worked out well in the end.... he's even having to take it from Rochdale the 50 miles to Clitheroe and then same again to get it back, free of charge.

All in all I'm happy.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information