1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Or Shouldn't I?

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Lel Howard, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Hi guys,
    I'm after some advice please.

I'm currently selling my 2011 Triumph Sprint ST1050 to buy a 2012 Ducati Diavel Strada.

The reviews look good but a friend said his friend sold his as it was a bit of a tractor?

What are your honest opinions please?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Then he was riding it wrong! Nothing like a tractor, Dave. And Welcome!

3. I need to more about this friend, otherwise it's hard for me to know how much to value his opinion. Does he have a dog? Does he have a wife? What does the dog look like? How does he know so much about tractors?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I know some dukes have a very distinctive sound so I'm assuming he's referring to that ;)

I have always ridden Ninjas, mostly ZX9R but now I'm getting old I moved over to the Triumph.

It's a good bike but I crave more power and after a lot of looking I really like the look and specs of the Diavel. Alas, due to having wife, I'll have to get the Strada version which I now is a little slower.... either that or a divorce.... I'm on the fence on that one....

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. "Getting old"? You're 45, FFS.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Test ride one, you won't be disappointed, tractor!! It's a Ducati not a Harley.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. By old I mean I'm not enjoying the screaming sound and bleeding ears of the ninja (but do miss it) ;)

8. Got my eye on a couple but there are non local so would be buying without test ride, probably from a dealer, and having it delivered :(

I'm assuming no real common issues on the 2012 ones?

9. Thinking of a Diavel, yip: your old before your time old boy :Finger: get a 1098SF and stop being so silly :Cigar:

10. Now that is more me but my back would prefer a little more upright ;)

11. They are fairly upright - a straight back might just give you more trouble, did you think of that? :Wideyed: ET said the Diavel he borrowed was very uncomfortable and he is v.v. old...

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I'd love to try one but finding one local is the issue...

13. Older than God himself :(

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. So it's all your fault after all :Wideyed: do you know, I often thought so :Cigar:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. If you believed half the posts on here you'd think so :(

• Love You Love You x 1
  16. At least you're better at it than finm is at politics :Sorry:

17. Or a nice 848 sf, , very comfortable, very fast lol, in red of course IMG_1313.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. If only my garage was big enough and pockets deep enough for them all :)

19. Just get it you know you want it and it sounds better in red :D

Decisions decisions and welcome into the mad house the crazy ones are already here :)

20. It's a Duke, isn't there a law against getting any colour other than red? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information