1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Sidestand Foot

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Old-Git, Feb 12, 2017.

1. I have just got one from Design Corse but not fitted yet.Lokks like a quality job though

2. It fits my 2015 DVT, don't think the side stands have changed on any Multi model.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I took my Touratech one off my 2010 Multi and put it on my 2015 DVT. Worked / fitted fine. Always feel more comfortable having one fitted for when I go touring..... soft tarmac in the heat, gravel etc.

4. [​IMG]

Got this in black off the Chinese website AliExpress. Fits perfect and works well. $25 well spent.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I got the red looks good, also not seen another Duc with one so unique and durable.

6. I agree they look great and good quality.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I fitted the Touratech one at the weekend, it's quite a substantial bit of kit. My worry is that because of the extra weight the return spring will not hold the side stand in place firmly enough, and any major bumps will operate the side stand switch. Has any one experienced this, I'm not being paranoid, it has certainly put more pressure on the mechanism.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Multistrada DVT has already had a recall on the side stand.....Wonder if it was fir that reason ? ^^

9. I've had my side stand puck in for a while now never had the problem you're concerned about. However I'm happy to share your burden and start to worry about it too?

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Sorry if I've raised any concern, but if you've never had any trouble, then I'm probably worrying about nothing. If it does happen I'll just do the "paper clip" bypass on the switch.

11. That recall was for a bad weld on the side stand tube where it connects to the pivot bit.

12. I fitted the Ducati/touratech foot and no problem at all after several thousand miles. My problem was the first foot was delivered missing several parts. I had the dealer order a new one and it was OK. Also used loctite blue n the retaining bolts.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information