1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siezed Throttle Body

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by HYPERBIMDUKE, Jan 13, 2017.

1. My throttle body has semi siezed on my Hyper 1100 evo, as the throttle is a single cable (no closer) this could have been nasty.
    The bike has been garaged the last 8 weeks (1st time not in constant use in 4 years), opened the throttle without it running & it stayed wide open.

Anyone else experienced this?

2. I'd say it's more likely that the cable got stuck rather than the throttle bodies.
    Just lube it and it should be fine.

3. Should have said i removed the cable to try to work it free, can open & close.but stays half open, spring not strong enough to close it.

4. Sounds like inlets could have ingested foreign debris in some form. A careful inspection of the butterflies close to each end of the spindles might show up something. If not then maybe something loose/something corroded or dry/something misaligned or damaged.

5. If they're like the 916, then the flap of the 'butterfly' valve is held onto the spindle with 2 torx screws which can come loose.

They can't actually fall out as they are flattened at the end to stop this but when loose the flap can move around slightly and, in my case stop the throttle from fully closing.

I don't know if they can move enough to block open though? but worth investigating.

6. Thanks for the replies, I now suspect corrosion as before i parked it, it was running perfectly. I will pull the bodies off for inspection, was going to pull heads off soon anyway for new guides.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information