1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Sigma Slippers Ordered Will This Clutch Tool Work?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Scott21, Jan 28, 2017.

1. But by the time you take it off to check, you'll tell if it's a slipper or not by the presence of a spider spring on the centre hub (or not). :Facepalm:

SL380925.JPG

2. This happened today.... image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  3. With the cover off a quick visual of the spring caps will give an indication as to whether a slipper is fitted, the spring caps on a slipper tend to be almost flush with the preasure plate, a standard clutch will have about 10/15 mm of spring showing.
    Steve

4. Mine aren't flush. And 1.5cm of spring showing would probably have your ankle off. :) A bit like Boudica's chariot. :Dead:

5. My EVR and the sigma pictured above are almost flush, my standard springs stick out noticeably more.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. They must really stick out. I've never seen any that tall. You live and learn.

7. My EVR slipper is almost level without a clutch pack, with a clutch pack fitted I would expect the collars to be even lower.
    2017-02-01 16.16.56.jpg

The standard Boudica's chariot clutch currently fitted to my bike, as you can see the springs protrude 14mm ( not the best of pictures as the bike is up against the garage wall.
    2017-02-01 16.07.14.jpg

2017-02-01 16.05.50.jpg

Luckily they haven't torn my ankle to shreds Yet.
    Steve

8. Yep, I've never seen springs that far protruded before. Well I never. ;)

[​IMG]

9. Thanks for all your help guys, I've just had a closer look and mine is a slipper with flush fitting springs and a spider spring but can anybody identify the make. There's no name on the dark red pressure plate. It's got 8 driven and 8 friction plates which look really worn with only a fraction of a millimetre of sintred material. Do these look knackered to you guys. This clutch was really snatchy when pulling away at anything less than 3000 rpm.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

2017-02-10 12.50.27.jpg

2017-02-10 12.49.43.jpg

10. Looks like a standard DP type slipper.
    The friction material is very thin normally. Doesn't appear TOO knackered. Dogs look a bit worn and basket quite notchy but seen worse.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information