1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Silencer Removal Advice

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Bananaman, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Thanks for the advice Simmy.

I honestly wouldn't know where to start with the subframe otherwise I would have went down that route.

I managed to get it by drilling a pilot hole into the bolt then broke the head off with a flat headed screwdriver. The only downside was I couldn't get the old bolt out without breaking the threads. Instead of re-threading it, I just used a nut and bolt on the new exhaust. At least it will be easier for future access.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Did you get all sorted?

For the subframe toy don't need to remove it all, just remove the 2 lower bolts & loosed the top Ines, then you can flip it up a bit.
    Thing is, you need to remove the ignition switch cover then the tank, but it needs done

3. Yes mate got it sorted eventually! Long and painful process but got there in the end.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yeah I've realised they're a bit of a jigsaw puzzle & it's obvious ducati don't want is working on them ourselves. Gorgeous bike but a real pain in the ass!

5. I have rode the bike for the last year with the loose silencer covers (since starting this thread) and have now decided to sort them out as even the fibergass heat shield has started to come out. I bought a good condition silencer from Ducati Manchester and just intend replacing it rather than sort the old one out. I've managed to get the old silencer off but had to drill the 3 allen bolt heads off the Y-piece in order to remove it. I now want to get the Y-section off so I can sort it out on a bench rather than on the bike.
    Question for 750steve - Did you have to remove the rear cylinder exhaust manifold (loop section under the heat shield) from the cylinder (3 nuts) or were you able to remove it from the from the loop section joint? I'm about to start getting the heatshield removed, probably have to lift the subframe up slightly to do this as you suggested. Just trying to avoid removing the loop section from the cylinder if possible as the 3 studs on them look rather rusty and don't fancy snapping a stud off if I can avoid it.

6. @Bananaman if you prefix the forum members name with an @ it will tag them in your post and your more likely to get a respond from my he person you are seeking advice from... I've done it for you below ;)

@750steve

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Sorry guys, just seeing this now.

@Bananaman

I didn’t have to remove the rear manifold, weirdly it seemed easier to leave both manifold sections in place & remove the rest.

8. Just done my exhaust covers I took the y section off with the silencers drilled the heads off the 3 bolts and sent y piece to lccycleworks for drilling and rethreading and new ss bolts top job he's on Instagram lccycleworks check out his work

15908240145128476149897052419866.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information