1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Single Sided Swingarm

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Spjallen, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Hi guys. I've bought a uncareded for 749 whilst I'm here in Cyprus with work. The bikes seem to get a pretty hard life here and it taken some work to get it presentable again. The swing arm is I think from a 748/916 but I'll happily be corrected. My question is to do with the shock. It's past it best although not leaking sonlooking to change it. I think it's a 749 oem. What can I change it with? I think 748 and 749 are the same length with a stiffer spring for the '49

IMG_0833.JPG

2. Was it?

3. So following that logic, if a 959 had the same suspension as a 1299 the 959 would handle better?

4. Here you go. Had a few issues with connections. It's not so stable out here.

IMG_0795.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shock is 295mm eye to eye so looking for a shock to fit. I think the 796 may fit. Brought my road 749 shock and it was too long. Bugger. eBay here we come. ( unless you guys have a better plan!)

6. What was fitted Simon? I know quite a lot of ohlins and nitro ones can be length adjusted

• Like Like x 1
  7. I thought it was an oem 749 Sachs but it measures at 295mm eye to eye so not sure. I wanted to try my old 749 road shock that came off my race bike ( Grey to black swing arm) but that's too long at around 310mm ( I need to measure that again to be sure )
    I know that the 796 has a 295mm shock but rather save money than spend!

8. I'm not sure that's correct, it was Foggy that was convinced he needed to try a dual sided swingarm as he lacked grip and he tried it at Philip island and couldn't go any quicker! It was in a 916 article I think in MCN (haha so it must be true!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information