1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slippery Seat

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Gimlet, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Bought a set of track leathers recently and they're really slippery on the SF seat. Almost dangerously so. If I'm hanging off or just starting to, I've got a job to hold on if I touch the brakes. Its really unpleasant. My general/sportstouring leathers don't slide around on this bike and the track leathers don't slide on my other bikes so I think its the SF seat that needs attention.

The only alternative seat offered by Ducati now is this one:
    Special neoprene rider seat - Ducati Streetfighter Accessories

Anyone tried this? I treat this bike as a sports bike/scratcher so I'm happy with the comfort of the original seat and I like the fact its flat, not sculpted so I can move about on it. The above seat does look a bit sculpted. I don't want to be locked in position.
    Any suggestions or should I just get it recovered?

2. Hi, I had same problem, bought a Luimoto cover, had it fitted directly over standard seat. Works and looks great.

3. I changed the SFS over to the Ducati Performance seat (not the one you linked to) it's kind of a waterproof suede material and it's worse than the standard seat with leathers. :Wideyed: It's fine with kevlar jeans.

IMG_0427.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. My only worry about adding another cover is that the standard seat already rubs the paint off the back of the tank. The front edge of the seat in stained red when you take it off. Usual Ducati fit and finish.. And the tank is already as far forward as it can go because the steering damper arm rubs at the front. Perhaps I should have it recovered.

5. I had images of you calling the AA because the paint was coming off.

6. Can you get a respray on the AA? :Bucktooth: Fantastic!:)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information