1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Snetterton Noise Levels

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Nathanhu, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Just a quick question about snetterton track, as I'm of the uk this year for my first UK track day.
    I'll have a 1299 with me, is this going to be an issue? And am I Better with standard exhaust of full akrapovic?
    Thanks for the advice

2. Don't even think about non standard! you have less than zero chance there...they are one of the worst for tests. Mate's 899 failed 3 times last year before they let him go on and try a ride-by with standard cans

3. Standard exhaust only

4. Ok thanks for the heads up, might make sense to bring my 996 with standard cans as well then..

5. You should be fine with standard cans

It'll likely fail the static but pass the drive by

6. Same reason I swapped the termi's out for the standard cans over xmas..........

7. Noise limits are :-

Static, 102db.

Drive By, 92db.

8. See if you can change your trackday to Cadwell Park, much nicer circuit to ride and the noise level is Static 105db and No drive by test :)

No problem with any bike apart from a Desmosedici

9. My Multi failed a noise test at Snetterton with standard can.

• Like Like x 1
  10. What a fucking joke, supposed to be a race track not a fucking library! :tearsofjoy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. It's the local councils. They have no back bone at all!

What do you expect moving next to a known motor racing circuit !!!!!!

The residence of west kingsdown are absolutely terrible for it (brands hatch). I'm sure they'd also complain if Palmer decided to built 10 thousand homes on it with the obligatory council houses & maybe even a side order of a cheeky mosque.

They're just c*nts. And will complain about anything.

Really it should be a case of the council saying, well yes you have moved next door to a race track, what did you expect?

But what they actually do is entertain these arseholes and let them have a voice. I've got no idea why.

Stupid

• Like Like x 1
  12. Most of these complaints will come down to money.

If the tracks are shut down, a developer will move in quick smart and the local council will get a massive boost by hundreds of thousands of pounds/possibly millions just by council tax every year on the new properties built.

The council has no incentives to preserve the tracks but massive financial incentives to help close them.

13. Yep and will fail at a few others too. Depends on the day but if it's a 98 day you got no hope :)

14. Its easy to be over critical and i appreciate there are arseholes in these neighbouhoods.

But realistically who would want to live near to a racetrack that is used every single day with no noise limits? Be honest about it and the answer would be no one. Which means racetracks would be restricted to the middle of nowhere or nowhere at all. There has to be a balance somewhere. Unfortunately most UK tracks have been built on WW2 airfields which were near housing already.

15. Which are mostly in the middle of no where :upyeah:

16. Most of them used to be anyway

People keep building fecking houses next to them ha ha

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rode there last year on an 1199 with Termi's and DB killers in. Passed the static test, but tripped on the drive by. The Microphome is next to the pit wall on the straight. Make sure you're over on the opposite side of the track and you should be fine.

18. And short shift, not like that extra second will make much difference to most :)

19. I had arrows on my 1299 last year , it fails static but noise test guy let me on to try flyby which was fine until I removed the baffle lol this year I have full akrapovic evo system which even with baffles in I think will fail flyby at snetterton

20. You will get on Snetterton with Termis if you have the bungs in. It's only Brands Hatch where they will not even let you on the track without standard Panigale cans. Even without the baffle it is possible at Snetterton if you keep the revs down past the driveby sensor onto the top straight but you're much better leaving the baffles in to cause less trouble.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information