1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sounds Like An F1 Car

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by camelfarmer, Nov 29, 2016.

1. I do miss this sorta sound... gonna have to get a Jap IL4 again someday

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. What? That sounds like an ordinary jap il4, car or bike... This is what sound a proper f1 car:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sir please.

4. One of the guys I know.... lucky barstool.
    I had one of his old cars, He took an F1 car round Mallory when we were there testing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ha small world

I know of Scott. Used to instruct at msv/octagon with him.

6. Yes Motorsport is small world.

They had the red and green Bennetton above when I bought a car from them. I had a chat with his dad in their workshop about the car. Apparently it could make 1000hp at one stage. They had the clutch out and it looked just like a Japanese bike clutch basket, plates and pressure plate. I thought that was quite impressive, the power it could handle.

I think when I was at a testing day helping the factory at Mallory, he might have been driving that white and blue car or it might have been a different one. This was perhaps before he raced in 09 in super league, which was after boss I think?

He knew some of the same drivers in the championship, I believe they all worked at Palmer.

7. Yep the red and green Benetton was a beast, 'think' from memory it was running a judd v10 as many did including Klaas who has more ex f1 cars than I have had hot dinners.

Loved hearing the old proper f1 cars scream! Not really followed boss but I understand they've opened it up to pretty modern kit now!

Everyone knows everyone in motorsport as you say.

#8 Advikaz, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  8. I followed a maclaren for a junction on the M25
    Sounded loverly just crusing at car park speed I was like peeing my pants

Then he took off .... Oh Lordy made the desmo sound like a pussy cat

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information