1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Special Edition

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Arwel, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Hi,
    Have put a deposit on a red Panigale 959 Special Edition but am now worried that the Akrapovic exhaust might me illegal for UK roads.

Anybody know if the Akrapovic system is uk legal? Cant see how they can sell bike with the exhaust if its not legal.

Thanks

2. Basically the race-exhaust system comes with a laser etched 'for racing only' motif on it. Just rub it off & amazingly no one cares about you're/mine overly noisy exhaust.. Compared to some harleys they are quiet. However there is the dubious status with insurance coverage but as its manufaturer equipment it won't effect overall performance much. If you choose to inform them of it been fitted its your call & their gain.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I see where you're coming from & my answer will be no help. But, f@#k it, who cares, they'll sound good!!

Nice choice of bike, good luck with it! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I did think that I could cover it up with some carbon sticker. Going to see the bike in March when it arrives so will have a look at the exhaust then.

I dont want to buy a bike and get a ticket from the Police and not be able to ride it!

5. I really wouldn't worry.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I ran a full Akra system on my 1199S and will be on my 1299S. Don't lose sleep over it. I haven't.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Have Akras on my 1299. Don't sweat it Chap, you'll be fine.
    Got invited to a lunch that came with a speed awareness course and the copper didn't say anything about the exhaust.
    Did say he liked the bike though, but still invited me to the lunch :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I have a pal that's ridden his gsxr thousand with a titanium slash cut stubby straight through system for 5 years and never once had a problem with it. This thing would wake the dead it's that loud!

As others have said polish/grind off the stamp.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Are you planning to take the bike on track?

10. I run a SuperLeggera with my 'other Akra pipes' on so don't worry about it. Police checked mine and all was good.

• Like Like x 1

11. No, struggling to find a decent price on Insurance at the moment.

12. Try DMC Insurance - They've just saved a friend of mine £230 on his insurance and reduced his excess from £1k to £650!

[​IMG]

13. Or try MCE or Principle.

14. Cheapest is £800 or £900! Three years NCD, held a bike licence for three years.

15. I'm guessing the £800 one is the cheapest :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Without knowing your circumstances that sounds like a lot. Have you tried Ducati insurance? I'm not with them but they were very competitive.

I have an 899 with loads of mods, 4 years NCB and it's £300. The quotes if it was standard were under £200.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The exhaust will be fine.

I wouldn't be surprised by the insurance cost if it was London but seems quite a lot for North Wales?

18. Im 38, 21 years NCD on a car, ex driving Instructor. Will need to shop round I think lol.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information