1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Sprag Absolutely Goosed

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by DucRod, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Just for reference this is a f...ed sprag from an Aprilia RSV Mille I know not a Ducati but I replaced this earlier in the week and will be doing my 749 asap.

This was a result of a poor battery causing poor spark and consequently unburnt fuel in the cylinder in this case the rear one and a big misfire and the engine kicking back breaking the sprag.

My Duke has been missing on the horizontal cylinder recently due to poor coil (water ingress) and I know it has done the same thing moral :

Battery fully charged , dry coils and a modicum of luck sprag.jpg sprag 2.jpg

2. Looks OK to me. :)

3. My 907 made a whirr last weekend initial start.
    Done one years ago, took fairing off laid it on side and changed it without draining. In narrow hallway without staining carpet.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Saw this on fakebook. IMG_4912.PNG

5. get a new bearing.... I got mine off ebay with the gears too for about £100 but i didnt need the gears so could have saved myself by just getting the bearing... theres a thread on here recently with links in.. if i can find it ill repost it

6. got a ducati bearing off ebay 42 notes bargain.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information