1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ss Single Seat Conversion -injected

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Ken Oaff, Jan 5, 2017.

1. tired of the double seat and have acquired one of those fibreglass moulds that go over the read half of the seat

no holes drilled and no fitting intrsuctions and no cut out for rear light but price was good off face ache

anybody have any experience with fitting one of these

also going to ditch the standard tail light and have a 848 light which is a lot smaller to graft into its place

2. have you any pictures of it you can post up?
    the one fitted on mine has two bolt holes one on each side
    which line up with the mounting bolt holes for the side panels
    has cut out for the rear light but have found it does rub on the lens a bit and you need a modified grab rail mount
    ie cut off the grab rail

Photo0248.jpg 005.jpg

3. apart from the tail light cut out or lack thereof that is pretty much what I have

what holts the back of the unit down ? gravity

already have grab rail cut down, lost it a long time ago and use whats left of it as a mount for a detachable rack

will post up pics in the next day or so

4. 20160927_123841.jpg
    It just rests on the seat

5. pics of what I have

181.jpg

180.jpg

6. Bit of work to do there

7. think I have seen a seat unit like that before on the net
    I would say that is more for changing to a race set up ie no lights etc
    the back end stays down as the unit has to be slid on from the rear and curves round underneath at the sides preventing it from lifting

guess you could trim what you have to fit like the item I have but a bit of work
    mine has some foam strip stuck on the underside at the front edge to help it seat in place aswell

think ricambi Weiss site have them on aswell don't know if any good pics for referance

8. Mines a Ricambi

Do Not Sell My Personal Information