1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stands

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Ghost Rider, Feb 20, 2017.

1. As my SS front and rear stands don't fit my current ride, I have decided that if anyone wants them and are near enough to collect them, they can go - but minus the 1" diameter cross bars.

The stands each used in conjunction with a rear paddock stand mean that the whole front end can be sorted / removed / headstock bearing changed or adjusted; plus the rear one allows the swingarm to be removed / changed without taking the zorsts off.

A couple of lengths from a junkyard wouldn't cost much - mine was a 6'-0" weightlifting bar.

2. Probably too far away from me (Leicester .....?), otherwise I would have definitely fancied the front one .. if it would fit my monster, which I assume it would.
    I'll be needing the front raised to remove the forks shortly, to carry out planned upgrades.
    I'm currently in the early stages of making up something similar.

3. I've not studied a Monster in detail, so I don't know if it is taller or shorter than the SS.

If there is a gap behind the headstock and under the top rails of the frame, you may get a decent diameter bar through it.

I wouldn't use anything less than 1" though, although 3/4" might be OK.

My front one is inverted 4" x 2" tee-shapes with the added strength of the shelf brackets. Each vertical is drilled down the centre and a 15mm copper tube is forced down the drilling - it saves the threads of the adjusters getting clagged up with wood particles particularly if the threads are greased.

I used M12 threaded rod and nuts for the adjusters, plus I threaded the cross bar so I could locknut the adjusters to it.

I also have two large diameter M12 washers sitting on top of the uprights so the adjuster nuts don't screw the wood up.

Each foot of the T shape has a 20mm hole drilled across it, so I can insert a bar through and wedge it off the floor, to make the stand stable in both directions.

The rear one is a different design because I used whatever I had available at the time of making it, but another front one would have done just as well.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information