1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Sticking Exhaust Flapper Valve

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by mapper899, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Hi All, had a new rear tyre fitted recently & when I got the bike back noticed the lack of the werling noise of the little servo upon start up & the engine sound was completely different, on inspection noticed that the flapper valve was not fully working so I took the lower fairing off & gave the cable a little jiggle & its seemed to have freed itself & now working fine....Anyone else had this happen ?
    Thanks Matt

2. No but i drilled it out all the same....

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. What really is the purpose of it ?

4. To quieten the bike at low throttle...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Theres a couple of 6mm bolts holding the disc on the axle that turns....if its the same as the my hyper get a long drill, i used a long socket extension to push the disc closed and then drilled out the two bolts....at that point you can either disconnect the motor cables or leave then connected and it just turns the axle then....the best way is to have the ecu flashed so you can remove the motor and the cables and not get the error on the dash....less weight and less stuff to fail and less drain on the electrical system...win win all round. Plus on top of all of that - it sounds like it should!

• Like Like x 1
  6. You don't need to go to the expense of having the ECU flashed, just fit a small eliminator in place of the motor.
    The motor can be removed, I did mine, but the weight saving is the same as going for a small pee before you set off and you won't feel the difference in that amount of weight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Yep - bob - this is true - a Duc-ee will plug in and the job is done but, if the ecu were to be reflashed then the o2 sensors can be removed (more wiring can be removed then) - its just me - i try to keep everything as simple as possible - theres less to go wrong then, less to corrode, less to tend to...everyone has their own way of doing stuff - thats just "the way i would have done it" - i should have suggested the Duc-EE also.

8. How does one go about getting the ECU re-flashed? I thought the options were either 'upmap key' at Ducati dealer or tuneboy or similar. Is here another way?

9. Yip... Send your ecu to Chris at Cjs and he will convert your stock ecu to a dp (Ducati performance) ecu... So you can run a full system,disable the flapper valve, unplug the o2 sensors and install a k&n.

10. Or if your close by have a custom mapping (bike goes on the dyno for the day)... Better result again...

11. THanks for the info.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information